Start/run the game without the bnet

Dont worry, and thanks, the file is downloaded.
Is there any other thing or step to do? Because i put the file in the folder where the starcraftlauncher.exe is, but the app still runs.

I’m posting this for 2 reasons. #1: I am so overwhelmingly glad I know this information now, and #2: I want Rozen to know this info too.

Basically, you make a shortcut on your desktop to the game you want (SCR in your case; the actual game exe, not the “launcher” exe). Then, you right-click it and select Properties. From there, go to the Target line and add “-launch” so that it looks something like ...\StarCraft.exe" -launch noticing the space between the " and the -.

3 Likes

When you said shortcut, you mean the direct acces of the descktop right?
I try that option you kindly shared me, and comeback later.

Edit: Finally, Many thanks, that works, i put that word in the properties of direction of the direct access i have in the desktop and the game start without opening the bnet app.
Im going to make a backup of that instrucction for a future use in case if i need that again.
This word will be work in the D3 and W3R too? I hope that, becasue in my laptop beside of ScR, i have instaled D3.

I like to have my games on the taskbar so for those who are wondering:

1. download the script from the first comment of this video (thank you Moataz):
  1. place it in: C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft

2. pin StarCraft Launcher to the taskbar

3. right click on the StarCraft taskar icon, right click on the StarCraft icon again, and click properties

4. change Target to: “C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft\StarCraft no launcher.cmd”

5. change Start in to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft"

[optional] change icon to the StarCraft Launcher icon: %ProgramFiles(x86)%\StarCraft\StarCraft Launcher.exe

1. click ok

this method works when applied to the desktop shortcut as well c:

1 Like

Why are you making this so complicated and calling a command line script to run starcraft?

All you need to do is add " -launch" (without the quotes) to the target of any shortcut you launch starcraft from. Example, if you launch starcraft from the starcraft icon on your desktop, just right click it, select properties and add -launch at the end of the target path. Theres absolutely no need to call a command prompt script which just calls the same target. Youre adding extra steps in for now reason and thats bad automation. See picture below for simplicity

i.postimg.cc/Hk6x40Nz/Capture.png

Sorry youll have to copy and paste that link into your browsesr to view the picture as these lame web forums don’t allow me to post links for some reason

2 Likes

did you find solution??

btw this is now a built-in feature in BWAPI Revamped.

this Moataz idiot is literally on every single thread

2 Likes

Hi troll, I just flagged you for trolling, waiting for mods to take action :alarm_clock:, feel free to make this quicker :joy:.