StarEdit Deprecation in Patch 1.23.0

FOR SC:R 1.23 SUPPORT:

Make sure you are using the july 9th (or newer) version from here: Download list. You can unzip it and replace an existing install, or run it as a portable version from any folder.

If the starcraft path is not autodetected, configure the settings as follows: profile settings. Note: The autodetected path may be empty or display not found.
Set the custom path option and enter the path where you have starcraft installed. This is not the starcraft directory under my documents, most common case is “C:\program files (x86)\StarCraft”. It should include a “data”, “x86”, and “x86_64” folder among other files. Make sure to set the starcraft version to 1.23 or to autodetect in the profile settings. If your settings dialog looks like this: example settings, then you are still using an older incompatible version.

If you get an error message “Unable to access the CASC data!”, then the configuration is correct but the install is corrupt. You will need to scan/verify your installation using the bnet app.

Thanks SinSanity, works perfectly now

How about allowing us to download StarEdit as a stand alone program if we choose to continue using it. I could care less if Blizzard supports it, I just want to be able to continue making maps with a program I already know (No offense SinSanity but your program isn’t easy to use either)

I’ve working StarEdit files, but I don’t know if I can share it here

Just talked with Blizzard Support and there is “nothing they can do” to help us re-install the program. Pardon my French - this is B******t. You take away a program that came with the game we payed for! I feel like I’ve been robbed. When you buy something then someone takes it that’s stealing. An “Update” shouldn’t remove tools used with the game. If Blizzard has ANY honor they should at least ALLOW us to re-download the StarEdit program if we choose to do so.

(Matt Sherman) #33

We will be packaging up the last working version of StarEdit and deploying it publicly soon.

Thank you. I’m very much relieved to hear that.

Well, I’ve to admit I didn’t expected that

Thank you so much!!!

Good move. I do have to agreed with everyone. Or just add both editors and let people pick.

Go to StormcastFortress - Scmdraft

go to download list

Download the latest version - top of the list. Simple as that

I still have that issue

From your original post I assume you are talking about Galaxy Edit (SC2) and not StarEdit. Assuming that’s correct, you’ll need to post in the SC2 forum, not this one. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/

scm draft comes with some annoying assanus feature that wont allow me to edit unit stats on a custom map im making. I edit in all the stats, save it, load the map up and it has reset the stats. i.e lurker does 1 damage. if i reload the map up, the stats are totally reset to what they were originally.

Anyone have a clue how to fix this?

I just tried that and cannot reproduce that. (Changed comsat stats, saved + closed the map, closed the editor, loaded the editor, loaded the map, stats are still the edited ones.)

Note: Changed stats only apply in game for use map settings.

Can you post a step by step guide what you are doing?

I changed a crap ton of stats most of which took and worked: i.e i changed the health and damage of dragoons, the cost and build time of ghosts, hydra upgrade costs and so on. All of them worked and remained. Until I loaded it up a few days ago with the latest patch, I changed lurker health, lurker aspect cost, damage and armour. The health works and remains regardless, but damage always falls to 1, lurker aspects cost also can not be changed. I am hosting in use map settings!

Havent even added triggers to the map or anything.

Hmmm - try saving the map as SCX (via save as, or by placing brood war units) to force it to save as brood war compatible. I suspect it is saving it as SC 1.00 which means the game does not load brood war unit stats.

Let me know if that helps, then I will add logic that will prevent switching to 1.00 if brood war units have custom stats.

Yep that was exactly right. Thanks for the help!

edit: actually i have a question; its possible to save triggers and then load them up on other maps. Is it possible to do the same for unit stats on scm draft?

Dear Matt, I agree and I join as the request of others in that the classic editor is not retired. On the other hand I am very happy that they have considered it in publishing it again for us to be able to use it since both yó and for other fans it is much easier to use the staredit than the scmdraft2 for a usability issue. I hope the staredit comes in the next update as soon as possible for all of us who ask for it back in all available game languages. Thanks for listening

I purchased the upgraded Starcraft.
It included a map editor.
For some reason Blizzard took it away from me.
An item I had paid for.
At the very least I would like my money refunded.
Ideally a class action suit would be appropriate.