StarCraft: Remastered crashing and freezing

Every time I’ve tried loading StarCraft: Remastered it is constantly freezing every few seconds until it reaches the loading screen after the introduction before freezing so much it eventually crashes. I’ve searched for problems to solve this issue, however there are none at least for me. I’ve also noticed I’m not the only one with this issue.

I’m using Windows 7 64-bit with the latest updates, my drivers are ALL updated, I’m using the latest version of DirectX.

1 Like

Hey, Xom! There’s no known issues at the moment with Starcraft. The Catalina issue is a bit different from windows systems, but if we start seeing any noticeable trends, I can update with more details here.

For now, let’s check out the DxDiag file. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

That issue seems to be existing since last year, following some of the forum posts. WHat’s the ETA for a fix? Just bought the game and it is basically not playable with freeze times of 15 - 40 seconds every 2 minutes (even without internet in campaign mode, whereby multi-player is worse).

Edit: Turning off “Automatic graphics switching” in the OSX system settings helps a bit. The game freezes now only for around 5 minutes during 30 minutes play time. Still more than frustrating and a multi-payer-killer.

@com1, this thread is intended for a Windows issue for OP.

For Catalina, our team has been notified of the issues. Please refer to this thread for MacOSX and new updates on the situation.