StarCraft: Remastered consumer recap of 2019

So, I see, here are plenty of people who are happy with half baked cake and feel good that they have paid the full price for a half service.

Merry xmas everyone!

2 Likes

There seem to be a lot of people here who are satisfied if their boss gives them only half of their paycheck. Are you serious?

Blizzard is not a small company or an open-source team. The situation is a bit of a problem at the momentarily.

3 Likes

I am just looking and watching. I do not really understand what everyone loves so much about StarCraft because I am never really have been a competive guy and the gameplay is for clunky and outdated. But I can see that people really love it and while it will always for me a mystery, I wish them good luck.

1 Like

For some people, like me, it’s a nostalgia thing. I basically grew up on StarCraft and WarCraft, thought they were amazing at the time, and have continued to play them to this day! Even though I own StarCraft 2, I find that modern games are just too fast, swish, and so high in graphics that I can’t always tell what’s what. For a casual gamer like me, who has a full-time job, every now and then I like bashing out a few games of something I know well… and StarCraft often wins out! I’m currently playing through the single player missions, yet again, just because I find them great fun!

Not everyone’s like me, but that might give you an idea why some people like it.

3 Likes

It’s one thing to like the game and another to be happy with the things that are done to it. And I don’t like most of its features being replaced with blatant promises about things that nobody is doing a thing about.

It’s pure false advertisement.

I do agree with you, Grast.
I like the original game, especially single player and the little I do with multiplayer. If Remastered had never come out, I’d still be playing it.

But the things that have been promised, and how when a patch comes out another has to come out to fix what the first one broke, is just unfair to the playerbase. Blizzard certainly isn’t what it used to be, and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was an ulterior motive of trying to move people on from games such as Brood War and WarCraft 3 to games that can generate more money… such a tactic won’t work on me, but I’m sure it has worked on others.

1 Like

Why is everyone complaining so much about Starcraft Remastered? The game is great, it looks a hell of a lot better than pixels. Are you just upset because you suck at multiplayer or what?

hahahahah, yEs …

Why people complaiN ?
Well Because the UI is s. and iam not speaking about , while you play …
But even there are many problems …
Yes, the team is has done many good things, like race picking, worker count in replay, naming replays, colors, fixing buggs(like the the replay bug where you get huge chat thing and cant see anything), and i agree that these kind of post dont give much credit to the team. THe problem isnt the team, but blizzard that isnt giving enough ressources to the team-> more people working on it,etc.

So why are so many people toxic?
Many features promised for the release were not found and are not found -> 2 vs 2 ladder
A bad release -> unplayable ladder-> Buggs …

3 years or so after launch still so many problems specially buggs …
WIth every patch new buggs … Replay problem patch …

Problems/ BUGGs
When you go into options to change latency for example, while playing online ,there is delay, where you cant do anything and need to wait for 1-6seconds this can cost you the game …
Huge problems with lagg …
Months of trying to enter lobbys and able with the message " you cant join the game" with trying over 20 times, even closing game and reentering only working after the 5 time …
Sometimes still getting this message … But now you can enter right away …
Sometimes get autoleaving out of lobby for no reason at all …
Ladder waiting over 8 minutes with no opponents…
instant leaving after launching ladder game, apparently for no reason at all …
Forum post about the problems getting deleted , why ?
Mass hackers -> FREE HONGKONG from place 1 to 20 on the world wide ranking …
map hacks … Even on custom maps only to get laughed at on this same forum …
etc.

1 Like

So people are upset with things that AREN’T in Starcraft Remastered? I guess I can see where that’s coming from.