Starcraft Remastered Apple Silicon M1

Starcraft Remastered still not working on Apple Silicon M1.

4 Likes

Yeah, you’d think this would’ve been a priority on the latest update.

2 Likes

Seems they really don’t care :frowning:

I realise this has been addressed in other threads, but I just wanted to add my voice to the mix in the hope that we may eventually get M1 support. However, I’m not holding my breath.

According to this Blizzard forum post by @Ruffus, Blizzard has knocked this into Apple’s court suggesting it’s an issue with macOS 11 Big Sur rather than Starcraft: Remastered. To Ruffus’s point, it does make you wonder how SC2 and WC3 are seemingly working just fine (under Rosetta, presumably).

I wonder if it’s too much to hope that one day we’ll get native M1 support for SC:R, SC2 and WC3 as we have with World of Warcraft. I suspect it is.

2 Likes

Please Blizzard…post any news or update about SC:R on M1… there’s a lot of folks waiting for this. Thanks!.

4 Likes

I have to say that I am SUPER disappointet in Blizzard for not making SC2 work native on M1. Please Blizzard make it happen!

2 Likes

Native is not the priority. PLAYABLE is. Native is the priority when Apple drops support for Rosetta 2.

1 Like

It’s now August 2021 and still not fixed. I just purchased the new iMac with M1 chip and was very shocked to find that I can’t play SC:Remastered on it. Shame on Apple or Blizzard for not cleaning this up. Seems like the hang up is Rosetta not translating the Intel intel into Apple M1 language. I’m sure Apple OR Blizzard could clean this up if they cared.

1 Like

Very unfortunate that after my recent purchase of my M1 MacBook I am not able to play a game I enjoyed as a 13 year old with dial up internet.
What’s worse is as I’m scrolling through these comments I see no clear indication of a resolution from the Admins themselves. This is such an awesome game that aged like wine. Please fix this issue Blizzard or at least keep us updated as we are PAID customers with no return product on your behalf

1 Like