Starcraft Enslavers: The Final Blow vs Assault on Aiur

I just finished the Starcraft: Enslavers campaign and I have to say. I found the final blow mission to be the toughest one of the bunch. I think working for Mengsk is a lot easier than allying with Mojo. At least on the Assault on Aiur mission, the protoss are instantly cut off once the temple is destroyed (having it be close by is also very convenient). Not to mention I don’t have to worry about that annoying torrasque while I’m at it. What do you think of both of them? Which one was harder?

3 Likes

I don’t remember one being too much tougher than the other. I will say that I found it very handy to start with a hero Arbiter as I like to use Stasis to freeze the Torrasque so he doesn’t attack or respawn and the cloaking helped too.

1 Like

The “true” final level against the Torrasque is the more difficult of the two but any simple wall backed up by siege tanks is enough to get rid of it while buying you time to expand north and make an army to kill the cerebrate. Arbiters help immensely for recalling and stasis (especially if you cheat and leap frog a mech army), and from there the map is just cleaning up what’s left.

For me the second version against the Protoss just consists of putting siege tanks and turrets on the high ground to clear out the northern base then nuking the temple or what have you then you’re pretty much done since none of the other enemies put up much of a fight.

1 Like

Nothing is harder than 8th zerg BroodWar mission where you need to slay Overmind with DTs, believe me. I played Enslavers, I can’t say it was hard but can admit it’s challenging. Try Enslavers II: Dark Vengeance - there things get hotter!

2 Likes

Hey guys, you may want to try this reworked version of Enslavers:

www+mediafire+com/file/i4emgwq0kie10vs/Enslavers_SE.zip/file
(copy the link in your browser and replace the “+” with a “.”)

It fixes the bugs found in the original campaign and it adds a lot of challenge and variety without making it borderline unfair or unenjoyable. Cheers!

1 Like

What bugs? I have never encountered any.

@Lalo: The main bug fixes are related to misused AI scripts (for example, in the original version of The Rescue a Zerg AI script was erroneously used for one of the Terran computer players). Check the documentation for the complete list of changes.

1 Like