Starcraft and Warcraft music?

Why do Starcraft and Warcraft music sounds like heavenly? Are they influenced from classical composers such as Bach, and Mozart?

Eg., Warcraft 2 Human Theme 1.

3 Likes

Good question. The influence may be a mixture of classical and atmospheric music. The music in SC and WC are some of the reasons I like these games so much. Long ago game companies focused on producing quality music for games, a trait that you rarely see in any game company nowadays, which is sad.

I love the Zerg background music in SC1 and the Night Elf background music from WC3. But I’ll be honest, I like all of them. It’s really interesting and quite peculiar that every background pieces for every race in both SC/WC are very well done.

Because Glenn Stafford produces the best music out there - man is a living legend! Just look out how many memorable pieces he made.

I dont agree with the statement that " Long ago game companies focused on producing quality music for games, a trait that you rarely see in any game company nowadays, which is sad."…
I think now a days in generall the music is really good on most of games, even indy games …
Because of the easy way to get a good piece of music for a releativly low price…

What i would support though is that popular music and music in movies generally sound to similar or just right copied out of other movies ,songs …
THat is a sad trend …
Directors now a days even hire composers to exactly replicate certain melodies out of their favourite songs despite not really fiting the scene, instead of letting the composer use his/her creativity to make the scene work …