StarCraft Adventures: The Insurgent

The Insurgent is the first campaign of StarCraft Adventures, which takes place in Samos, a star cluster in the Milky Way, far away from planet Earth.
StarCraft Adventures tells the story of the first great war in Samos that pitted the Terrans against the Protoss and the Zerg, a war simply known as the Conflict of Samos.

Plot.
A Commander deeply indebted to the Interplanetary Confederation of Samos decides to bet everything on the conquest of a distant planet known as Nevada, as he suspects that it is rich in resources. Convinced that the possession of Nevada will allow him to pay his debts to the Confederation and improve the situation of his planet, Xylox, which is completely plunged into poverty, Commander Dumont decides to contact a young infantry veteran named John Radner, who lives on one of the Central Planets.
John Radner is Marshal of a prominent infantry squadron on the planet Hudson, whose long history of fighting the Zerg has given him remarkable experience. Upon discovering that Nevada is inhabited by the Zerg, the Commander decides to hire Radner’s squadron for the exploration of the planet. He also chooses General Jackson to lead his conquest operation, as he is the General with whom he has the most confidence. He is also accompanied by a Magistrate from Xylox. Noting the Magistrate’s potential for military service, the Commander asks him to travel to Hudson for training.

This is a classic style RTS campaign, with macro missions mostly, and focused in the player’s execution of different strategies.
Features:

• Original storyline that spans three campaigns.
  • Fully voice acted in English and Spanish.
  • The characters and planets in the story are different from those in the official campaigns, but there are some similiraties between campaigns.
  • Each one of the main characters has a special role in the campaign.
  • Each planet featured in the campaign has its own story.
  • Abundant trigger attacks that complement the standard AI attack waves.
  • Tech tree is part of the story.
  • Story is pretty straightforward, but most maps contains some extra elements and easter eggs.

Almost everything is done, now I’m doing the final modifications. I plan to post the first map in two weeks and I hope to release the maps weekly, one by one. I’m very strict to schedules.

Here are some screenshots of the campaign.

`http://www.staredit.net/topic/18281

Additional info on StarCraft Adventures.

3 Likes