SC:Remastered Freezes on start along with the whole Mac system (Any blues out there?)

The last time i opened this game was around six months ago
As of now, every time i try to open the game, it will freeze on start up screen
it will also freeze the operative system, so i need to push power button to fix.
this means i dont’ get any message of the issue

i’ve already tried doing the bnet scan and repair,
followed by a full reinstall

no change in either.

hardware is Imac retina 5k 2017. 3,4ghz intelcore i5
operative system is high sierra 10.13.6 macos

if you have this issue please say so and support this thread so it can be noticed

3 Likes

I have the same problem on an Acer Spin 5 Intel i5 with Iris graphics on Windows 10. Completely unplayable - freezes everything but the music still plays in the background.
No way to quit except power button.

Ridiculous - I regret paying money for broken software.

I have the exact same situation as OP. I have not played it in a long time (over a year) I did the update now it freezes the entire mac os on the starcraft splash screen. Cannot force quit or anything I have to actually press the power button. Also I have a same IMac as OP except i7, using 10.13.6 os. Something to do with High Sierra?

I have the identical issue on Mac Pro 2 x 3.06 GHz 6-Core Xeon Running 10.13.6, Radeon RX580. Identical freeze on splash screen, system totally unresponsive after a few minutes of spinning beachball. Uninstalled and reinstalled, no luck. Starcraft 2 working just fine.

1 Like

What do we have to do to receive a blue post regarding this issue now that we confirmed many people have it?

1 Like

I’m on the same page.
Macbook Pro 15" 2017
3,1Ghz i7
Intel Graphics 630 1536MB / Radeon Pro 555 2048MB
High Sierra 10.13.6 (can’t update more because of work apps)

Game just freezes my MAC when launching. Had to force restart the OS. It’s the only app since I have my Macbook that forced me to do this.

Also tried several solutions I found here on old threads like:

• Run in windowed mode.
  • Switch to old graphics.
  • Change computer name.
  • add ‘displaymode 0’ to the command line.
  • Disable graphic card switching (force Radeon 555).
  • Tried 32 bit mode (didn’t even start the game).

None of them helped at all. The game always freeze at the same point: just when it’s going to show the menu, the first loading screen.

Any help would be appreciated!

The same is for me. I have Mac Book Pro High Sierra. SC freezes on startup screen and computer becomes unresponsive. I have tried every recommendation i could find over google. Please help!

Starcraft v 1.23.9.10145

macOS 10.13.6
Radeon RX580 Sapphire
32gb ram

Startup screen, beachball for a few minutes. Then entire system locks up.

Glad I found this out before buying the Remastered. Otherwise refund I suppose.

Ive also dow loaded it for mac. I have High Sierra 10.13.6. Keeps freezing in startup…very frustrating.

Same issue for me. I have a MacBook Pro 2020 with 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 and 16 GB RAM. On MacOS Ventura 13.1.

Just bought an used Imac 2017 3.4 ghz 32 gm ram. Running Ventura… same issue. Has anyone found a fix?