SCR won't even start up

“application encountered an unexpected error”
EAF83829-B734-4BBE-9514-484E1B3D43E1 is latest Report ID. Have read various forum topics but none quite match up. Have shut down, rebooted, restored

Reinstalled as well?

Are you sure the report ID is correct? I do not see it in the system.

33FDBC87-CC64-4A0F-94DE-C53950AA5F90 THIS IS THE ONE FROM JUST NOW. HAVE NOT TRIED REINSTALLED. WILL TRY NOW. That did it! Tanks! Was afraid I would lose the game completely by uninstalling it. :smiley:

Have you tried a scan & repair operation from the Blizzard launcher? The exception ID shows that the installation is corrupt. A scan & repair should correct the issue.

Tried launching Starcraft through Battlenet launcher and received Report ID C1787A49-2A6A-457B-A2DD-01CA813D3C51. The launcher then closes itself. If I launch via the Starcraft desktop shortcut I get “The Battle . net launcher failed to launch”. I have done a scan and repair, still same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It worked after reinstalling but not after the patch.

Update:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing changed.
  • Next step uninstall, reboot and try again
  • B5ABC6F5-113F-4ED6-B579-80C33E0C13BD

These crashes are both in SuperShieldHookCpy32 dll, which is not part of SCR. A bit of Googling looks like it might be part of the PC Pit Stop/PC Matic app. You could try disabling this and launching SCR?

Uninstalled PC Matic, updated and tried again and it is working okay. I am addressing this with PC Matic and provided a link to this forum post. Thank you so much for your assistance. If they contact you, would you be so kind to work together to resolve this issue?

PC Matic Support Ticket Info:

Ticket ID: GCP-991-59206
Subject: Supershield Product

Many thanks!