SCMdraft2 doesn't work anymore

I think that someone may have mentioned this at one point, but SCMdraft2 literally does not work with the latest patch. Is there anything that I can do to edit my maps? I was making a custom campaign and this automatically applied patch has effectively locked me out of working on my campaign, which is quite unfair. Realistically, this isn’t something that I should have to solve in the first place, Blizzard should be fixing this, but this issue has been around for a while without being fixed. I know that SCMdraft2 is third party, but there isn’t a first party alternative anymore and it wasn’t an SCMdraft update that caused this issue, so I don’t feel like it being a third party editor has any sway on the situation. Is there anything that can be done about this?

2 Likes

Same encountered the same problem for the second time. Older forums say that you might need to “revert the patch”. Haven’t tried it since its a painfully long task. Last time this happened I waited till the next day and it magically worked :confused:

If you still have 1.16.1 lying around, go to Scmdraft 2 > Edit > Game Data > Custom, and here select the path to where Starcraft 1.16.1 is installed to. Hit "OK’ and that’s it.

The Starcraft folder you’re pointing to has to have in the root folder the next 3 files:

1. stardat.mpq
  2. broodat.mpq
  3. patch_rt.mpq

Edit:
This seems to work as well:

For anyone wanting to run the version of Scmdraft 2 with all the latest 1.23 updates, do the Asia region switch thing, update your SC to the working version, make a backup of your SC folder somewhere, then for the future, point Scmdraft 2 to your backup folder of SC. I’ve got it running that way now so it’s safe from any future issues. BUT we shouldn’t have to do that

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight! I was hoping that the community had figured something out. It’s terrible that Blizzard is neglecting the game so much, but at least I can work on my maps still.