ScmDraft 2 - Alternative starcraft map editor

dsfsdfgjfgjyjtyjtyjkt

After recent patch in starcraft, SCM2 is not working. Plx check it

I have - the latest patch deleted a required file, I have sent details to blizzard in order to get that change reverted, but it is 3 AM in LA so it may not be done before monday.

As a work around you can use the MPQs from the staredit download and point scmdraft at those, until it is fixed.

EDIT: This is what the profile should look like, with the path changed to match: http://www.stormcoast-fortress.net/Irregularies/Images/WorkaroundProfile.png

It still wonā€™t open certain maps. Thanks though for this workaround.

Scmdraft cannot open protected maps, but should be able to open anything staredit can.

The map I tried to open is not protected. I never protected this map.

Itā€™s called Diplomacy or War East (version 025) and I uploaded it to Gamemaps and Staredit.

The error code I get is

Could not load a selected map
(hr=0x80070057)

I can open the version available on staredit just fine.

but Scmdraft 2 cannot open it using the MPQā€™s of Staredit.

It can - that is the configuration I am using. Make sure you are using all four MPQs, and that they are in the correct order.

Oh wow! Thank you so much! Saved my life

I have uploaded a temporary build that works around the issue in the latest patch here. Use this until the game is fixed.

Not much, but I donated to SCM Draft. Thank you for maintaining your program over the years.

Loved the program ever since I started using it. I can see improvements as time goes by. Love it.

Itā€™s so good even blizzard is letting you take the reigns on the map making editor lol.

Sadly I was too little to show my support or donate before, but now I can!

Thank you again. (Please donā€™t disappear.)

1 Like

Everyone give the guy who made SCMdraft a round of applause, and a monetary donation. This guy has done great work, Iā€™m very impressed. Blizzard is lucky to be associated with him.

Yeah, heā€™s done awesome work! Itā€™s just a shame that Blizzard screws up his fixes for SCMDraft every time they release a new patch.

Thanks, I appreciate it =)

1 Like

Any chance you can make protected maps load? Itā€™s really hard to reach, download an unprotector (and many of them donā€™t work vs. specific map) and unprotect every map individually.

Iā€™ve never found a map I couldnā€™t unprotect using OSMAP2, maybe itā€™ll help you out. https://mega.nz/#F!a8xkwILB!iGeoIM12wrk5bY9sqqWuFw

I will echo the sentiment though. Map protection is pointless and only stifles the growth of mappers who donā€™t know how to breach it. At least showing a specific error saying ā€˜map is protectedā€™ would be nice, but not sure if that is technically possible.

Protection vs. unprotection is a messy debate I do not want to get involved in, and I wouldnā€™t even be able to guarantee that the maps work as intended.

I have uploaded a new release that supports the new custom player color options =)

3 Likes

Excellent!!! Time to check it out!