ScmDraft 2 - Alternative starcraft map editor

So yea not being able to open both scmdraft and BW sucks right now, I’m from Australia and my red bars make people joining my game alot slower then youd think, never lags unless a EU player joins us and well thats a bad combination anyway I digress.

So yea I spend alot of time waiting for my games to fill and scmdraft was my past time while waiting now I cant use it :frowning:

Anyway love the new drag select tool in the tileset index! Used it to death! Keep up the great work.

You can open scmdraft before opening starcraft, that should work fine. I will be checking with the devteam on whether it is possible to get that working again.

Yea nah the Gateways wont show if SCMDRAFT is open before I launch the game, I think “it” thinks its hacking the MPQ so it wont let me go online.

Interesting, I always only tried single player. Its a point I will mention.

If you have room on the drive you can copy the entire SC install and point scmdraft at it.

I have an issue with the “Set next scenario” trigger…
At first, I wasn’t sure what text to put in (I’m used to just selecting the file in StarEdit), but then I found that if the next scenario file was in the same directory, I just had to type the file name in. Well, that works for some scenarios but not all… so I’m confused!
What’s the solution? Thanks!

One other thing…
I still have an old version of StarEdit installed. I started to make a map in scmdraft, kept everything legal (placements, etc.), and then saved. Thought I might be able to load it in StarEdit, but it’s not recognised. Does scmdraft save files differently or something?

I just tried multiplayer, worked for me.

Set next scenario: I do not know exactly how SC searches for the map. I can add a “Browse” button to select the file.

One idea: If you used the new ramp doodads, you need to use the staredit version that was included with 1.22 and not an older one.

The new version is now officially released - no need to use alphas, unless a breaking bug shows up that needs to be fixed ASAP.

I am completely new to this scmdraft and map making. Id like to try it. it says that it cannot find starcraft 2 data ive tried mapping it to all the folders in starcraft 2 no luck any idea whats going on? I have the latest as of 724 installed

This is for starcraft 1, not starcraft 2.

1 Like

I miss the old colors for races… like black, pulsing gray, dark red, shiny colors, etc. from before remastered or even before sc2 came out… Any way to get them back into a map?

Thanks,

Adding those to SC:R is on the 2019 wishlist at priority 2. If that gets done, support for that will be added to the editor.

1 Like

Hey, I noticed that there are some custom colors in the editor like Blueish-Grey or Pale Green or Tan, but when I set the colors for that team, it only shows up as orange. How do I change that?

The last four custom colors were disabled with SC:R release, and are only in the list for modders who work with 1.16. Re-adding them is on blizzards todo list for 2019, hopefully they will implement that soon.

1 Like

Hopefully! I would certainly like to use those.

I have another question. I’m trying to add a custom sound to scmdraft, but it says it could not play the select sound from the map, and the sound does not play while testing in game. What do I do?

Delete the sound and reimport it using the ‘batch’ option.

1 Like

It works! Thanks a lot!:+1:t3:

If you can reproduce the original error I would be interested in the cause. I suspect it has to do with the compression setting you are selecting, perhaps the wav compression code from '97 doesn’t like some modern sound files?

As I’ve documented here: http://pr0nogo.wikidot.com/rs-misc

Starcraft can use 8-bit audio but it won’t be compressed. The game works best with the following configurations:
Mono 32000hz
Stereo 22050hz

This likely changed with the remaster, but may be relevant if the offending audio files were in a “nonstandard” format.