(SOLVED) SC Remastered won't use Save game files from old Laptop

Thanks in advanced for any help someone can provide, and I apologize if this question has been asked before.

I just recently got a new laptop, and I wanted to download SC Remastered on it and use my save files from my original laptop. For this laptop, I specifically set it up to download SC into my Hardrive, and not my SSD, (which SC wanted to default to).

When I went to paste my save files into the saves folder, I saw that SC had set up a saves folder in my Documents file on my SSD, and not the Documents file in my Hard Drive. I hoped that this wouldn’t be an issue, but it seems like SC can’t read my save files.

Is this because the saves folder is stuck in the SSD folder, and if so, how can I get SC to be directed to the correct folder? If this isn’t the issue, what could I be doing wrong that is preventing my SC from reading my save files?

Once again, thanks for any help with this matter. I would love to finish my Starcraft campaign so I can finally move onto Starcraft II.

Hey there,

By default the game will use the user documents folder for saves, settings, and other data. Currently there is no game feature/setting that can be adjusted to change what folder the game pulls data from.

A standard installation of Windows would put the user documents in the following folder:
C:\Users\username\Documents

My best advice would be to try moving the save files here and retry the game.

Thank you for getting back to me on this.

I had already placed the save files in the standard user documents folder where Starcraft made a folder in, and despite this, it still asked me to create a new ID.

However, I just decided to see what would happen if I made a new ID, and while it is now telling me that I need to complete the campaigns again (which is frustrating), I found that I am now able to load up my save files from before. Problem somewhat solved.

So now I guess my question is, can I complete the level I was on in the save game, and move on through the rest of the story, or will it finish that mission, and force me back to the menu to do all the others again?

Thanks again for responding to my question!

As I already stated somewhere else…

Your saved games should be in the my documents folder /Starcraft/Save/YourInGameName/

For this to work propperly you also need to put in the my documents folder your Characters folder that contains the YourInGameName.SPC and | or MPC that created the saved games and matches the folder name. That identity is what you select as ID to play in single player.

2 Likes

That worked perfectly! Got my saves to function correctly and all my progress in the campaign is back. It seems so simple now, I never would have thought to check for something like that. I appreciate the help. My problem is solved.

1 Like