SC Remaster Crashes to Desktop

Hello,

Today I reinstalled SC Remastered and started having a strange issue of the occasional Crash to Desktop. The problem is, it’s only happening on certain maps. So far in playing the original Terran campaign, Mission 3 and 6 crash endlessly. I have been able to play every other mission so far, but within 5 seconds of loading Mission 3 or 6, it force closes. There is no error, no warning, nothing.

I’ve ensured my game is fully up to date, ensured my PC is fully up to date, nothing else is running, and it’s completely capable of running the game.

My PC is Win10. The DxDiag is: ------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com

Oddly enough, mission 3 and 6 are immediately after a cinematic. That’s the only similarity I’ve noticed between the two of them. The cinematic plays fine, and I can load the mission fine, but the second the mission starts… Crash.

Edit:

I saw in another post someone recommended placing “–renderer=ogl” in the Command Line Arguments. I tried this as well, to no avail.

Thank you!

Hey there xBusse,

Can you see if disabling the overlay or just completely closing Discord helps stop those crashes?

Hey there. Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried closing Discord entirely, and I also removed the overlay from Nvidia GeForce as well. Upon loading the mission 6 it crashed to desktop again, but this time gave me a Blizzard Error window with the following code: C05F4690-EB35-494E-9694-4E60BD3FCB5A

Edit -

I restarted again, and this time force closed everything that started up with Windows. Trying to get as bare-bones as possible. Right now it’s operational and running Mission 6. So still not sure what in particular is running that’s preventing these missions from loading, but at least I know how to get around it (I do know it’s not Discord, because I opened Discord and it’s still running). Thank you again for your help.