Saghalie - Can't launch game

I too cannot run StarCraft after the latest update. I’ve tried all the steps here in this thread with no success.

Is there any news on a fix?

Not the solution for me. Nor the other suggestion in this thread. Any other suggestions?

Hey, Saghalie! I moved you over to a new thread since the other ones were not related to the OP’s crashes. Checking the crash report on our end, it looks like this is related to the graphics, either the API or drivers may be causing the issue.

Have you checked for any updates available for the graphics driver? Let’s gather a DxDiag file to check for any available drivers from the manufacturer or any errors that may relate to the crashes. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Isnt there a 32 bit and 64 bit Version ?
I’d try toggling between those in the battle net launcher options.

What GPU(graphics card) are you using?

I will see if there are any updates to the graphics card. It’s a NVIDA GEForce 1060 w/3gb ram.

If no updates I will re-install my drivers.

Thank you

@Caterpepi

Since I can’t reply to the thread that was opened for me on my “Can’t open game” thread since your system simply refuses to let me reply until “someone else replies” and you’re not asking for updates so I can reply …

Here you go:
Updated and reinstalled my drivers - no joy. Here’s my pastebin

https://pastebin.com/uK1fQLyv

NOTE: The reason this took so long to post is because your system would not allow it until someone else responded (or hopefully a time period expired).

Thank you

Saghalie

Thank you for the DxDiag file, Saghalie! It’s a bit odd that it’s showing the Intel graphics in the crashes. Let’s try forcing the Nvidia card:

1. Right Click on your Desktop, then find Nvidia Control Panel.
  2. Manage 3D Settings
  3. Under Global Settings, switch the Preferred graphics processor, as “High Performance Nvidia processor.”
  4. Click OK and done!

With the latest drivers from Nvidia (version 445.87), there’s hotfix drivers available here. The latest drivers has caused some issues with stability such as crashes.

Try those two things our and let us know if the launching issues continue :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply!

I tried your “fixes” and nothing worked. There is no such setting as “Preferred graphics processor”.

I applied the hotfix. It didn’t work - I mean the hotfix installed; but the issue remained.

I finally unplugged my extra monitor. For some reason the Intel video card was taking over from the NVIDIA card. I instead tried to figure out how to get the NVIDIA card as the main video and ended up switching around many wires to get the Intel card to shut up.

Thanks for you assistance - It seems to be working now that NVIDIA is in charge.

Maybe suggest to your devs to fix the issue with the Intel video drivers?

Thanks

Saghalie