Return of the PTR

7-11-2020 at 4:26 PM - PDT

@HAVASU,

Too bad that Deselecting 32-Bit made no difference for your System. It has helped others.

Sorry, I thought you were on a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Didn’t realize you were on an iMac. So, yes, you are right and Deselecting the “Auto Switching” is NOT available to you.

As to adding a DIFFERENT Discrete Video Card, IF your iMac has a Thunderbolt Port, you CAN add an eGPU Enclosure and add ANY AMD/ATI GPU that you wish. (From the Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX-580 8GB Card to the 5700XT.) As you state, this means EXTRA $$$ which, like you, I DO NOT have at the moment. (Currently saving $$$ for a MacVidCards’ Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB Card myself.)

Good Luck,

TimeLord04

Is it not possible to change the games netcode to be server based rather than peer2peer? p2p is really bad for people far away from each other.

good and Nice, but why the hell do i need to install over 6GB to play the PTR version ?
Isnt it possible to just install a little update version you can change to?
It seems you people really dont know anything about your consumers …
Instead on cashing on the broad mass you support this elitist call to upgrade and upgrade the computers…
Why did Broodwar get so popular ? Not because because it didnt worked on most computers, but becuase you could install it on every mans hardware …
If you cant make a public light version at least, support the folk that is buying the game with their current machines, no need to put them in barrel and f. them with patch after patch …
Do even realize that this lockdown was the opportunity to finally expand the community and consumer base to an unknown horizon?
What we need right now is stability and that the product works as expected. MAybe it isnt to late to anchor the new commers…
Big updates is what this game needs, with new content, until this happens we need a starcraft that works…
No need for Starcraft 2.1 where every 3 months or so there is a new update that totally messes the balance only to get changed days later. Though gameplay wise this may not be the case in Broodwar, it is performance related. Every patch brings new buggs, only to not address old ones. MAny buggs have been fixed there is no denying in that. But some have been just ignored for patches now-> THe old games that dont disappear after refreshing even after reentering…
It is Ok to a certain extent that the game may crash after a new patch, if there is actuall new content, but it doesnt seem so … And than not for days, weeks crashing from moring to afternoon.

2 Likes

i have macbook pro and im still having problems running my sc, it’s so slow and the mouse is not responding correctly… this came with since the last 2 updates ago

Cydra MacOx high Sierra User still waiting for you make starcraft to work again. Since the patch update 1 July we were not be able to play.

1 Like

Ok, so what am i supposed to do in the PTR version ? Iam in it right now and there are no players in the custom lobby and no players on the ladder …
Also could you get more int othe changes, i feel like the game looks a bit different, screen maybe a little bit more stretched, or is it just my imagination ?

You are late for the testing, the update has already been released.

The idea was that you installed this several weeks ago when the PTR was first available just that in case your computer was not behaving correctly you would come here and comment about it, or if by any reason crashes happen they would have received the corresponding reports.

Its pointless to install the PTR now as the main game works exactly the same now.

Also there where not many players, it was empty, i was capable of play 3 games and then never opened it again.

ok, but how do you know it is the exact same version ?

At Normal version it say : 1.23.5.8607
PTR: 1.23.4.8352-ptr

So PTR is old ? or what ?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s old. The PTR opened on May 14th. When 1.23.5 rolled out on July 1st, that was its end.

still haven’t fix the problem for the one’s who play in iOS’s, how long for the next update? or at least the fixing of this problem?

All I’ve seen so far is that they have made some internal progress on the Mac side.

And the devs have asked those who are experiencing the issue to contact them directly for additional troubleshooting and information gathering, which is an opportunity that doesn’t come around too often.

As for fixes, Bliz has been periodically rolling out small hotfixes as they are able to find and fix the graphics API issues.

so on PTR my HD graphics 4000 works fine and no problems in game , but after update i got the update driver error “…old drivers… bla bla bla…” how is it posible ? i bought the game yesterday this is really disappoint

The PTR is an older version of the game. It doesn’t have the driver detection that the live game has.

A patch was rolled out today to help with some of the HD driver issues. Give it another try and post results here or in this thread if you like. Be sure to follow the advice in Drak’s post and if you still have issues, post your dxdiag there.

Been waiting on 2v2 ranked for like ever since remastered came out.

2v2 ranked please :slight_smile:

Just tested on Zerg mission one, on an Intel® Core™ i7-8750, nVidia 1050ti, and 32GB of DDR4 RAM 2400mhz, specifically an Asus ROG laptop. The framerate has gone from roughly 260fps to 280fps, and frankly things feel just a touch smoother.

There are StarCraft players running the game under wine on Linux. OpenGL support is crucial for performance under wine. DirectX performance is usually ~20% lower than OpenGL, since non-native DirectX calls are needed to be translated to OpenGL on the fly by software.

Is there a way to enable OpenGL renderer backend for StarCraft.exe? Command line option?

Please, keep OpenGL backend.

1 Like

I second this.
20 characters

Installing DXVK will help immensely. The DirectX to Vulkan translation has far less overhead.

will it finally run on m1 macs when the metal-version is released?