Return of the PTR

This patch Crashes in MacOX High Sierra since 1 of july!!!

7-10-2020 at 10:17 AM - PDT

@Vinci,

(I just Posted ALL of this in response to your IDENTICAL Post in 1.23.5 Notes Thread.)

What are your System Specs, SPECIFICALLY the Video Card?

IF you have a 3000/4000 Iris/Iris Pro Graphics Card, THIS is your issue. (See my Prior Posts.)

I’m ON High Sierra, 10.13.6 - (17G13035) AND my System WORKS, BECAUSE I have a Discrete GPU. (PNY NVIDIA GTX-970 4GB Card, on NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.137.)

The Integrated Graphics of Apple Systems SEEMS to be the issue here.

TimeLord04

I have an AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB and I can not start the game… rainbow wheel of death and never boots, please help

7-11-2020 at 3:08 PM - PDT

@HAVASU,

Check the Battle.net App and change SC:R Settings to 64-Bit. (Uncheck 32-Bit.) This is helping MANY here.

IF this STILL DOESN’T do the trick, check your Apple Hardware and see IF you have Dual GPUs, (one Integrated Intel, AND the Radeon R9 M395), IF you DO have Dual GPU, go to the 1.23.5 Notes Thread, find my Post on Terminating “Auto Switching” of the GPUs. Once you kill the Auto Switching, this SHOULD keep your System using the Radeon Card FULL TIME and give you better performance in the game.

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

I assume that you are on a Apple System - MacBook or MacBook Pro… Hence killing the Auto Switching suggestion…

Think you should stop giving useless suggestions when you do not have idea what is wrong with it. Plus these guys get paid for it do not give ant feedback. Totally scam

7-11-2020 at 3:00 PM - PDT

We’ll just have to wait and see, as Caterpepi has just posted here:

‘Main Thread - MacOS Can’t Connect To Battle.net and other Issues.’ Thread…

" Thank you for the reports and requested details! Our team has been able to replicate the issue on High Sierra (10.13.6), they are continuing to look into this matter as quickly as possible to find a resolution to the issue.

If you are on an older version of MacOS (10.12 - Sierra, 10.11 - El Captain, 10.10 - Yosemite, etc), these operating systems are not officially supported as they are below the minimum requirement for Starcraft." - Caterpepi, 7-11-2020.

I stand by EVERYTHING I’ve suggested as per FOUND in the WoW Forum for Mac Tech Support.

TimeLord04

2 Likes

@Timelord04 #1 Thank you for your response … I have deselected 32 bit and that did not help. I do not think I have a 2nd graphics Card because Its an IMAC (desktop) and the reason for the 2nd card is for laptops to use the more powerful gaming Gcard only when needed and the lighter duty Gcard when the gaming card is not needed to conserve battery energy (at least from what I am reading online) just to confirm this is what it says under " Apple/about this mac/system report/graphics/displays

AMD Radeon R9 M395:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon R9 M395
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 2048 MB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6920
Revision ID: 0x0001
ROM Revision: 113-C905AA-799
VBIOS Version: 113-C905A1-007
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.799
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily1 v3
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
Resolution: 5120 x 2880 Retina
Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Automatically Adjust Brightness: No

If I need to add a 2nd card to keep playing SC I would do it… just don’t want to wast the $ if it’s not going to “for sure” fix it, and I honestly do not know if my IMAC can even accommodate a 2nd card.

1 Like

7-11-2020 at 4:26 PM - PDT

@HAVASU,

Too bad that Deselecting 32-Bit made no difference for your System. It has helped others.

Sorry, I thought you were on a MacBook or MacBook Pro. Didn’t realize you were on an iMac. So, yes, you are right and Deselecting the “Auto Switching” is NOT available to you.

As to adding a DIFFERENT Discrete Video Card, IF your iMac has a Thunderbolt Port, you CAN add an eGPU Enclosure and add ANY AMD/ATI GPU that you wish. (From the Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX-580 8GB Card to the 5700XT.) As you state, this means EXTRA $$$ which, like you, I DO NOT have at the moment. (Currently saving $$$ for a MacVidCards’ Radeon Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB Card myself.)

Good Luck,

TimeLord04

Is it not possible to change the games netcode to be server based rather than peer2peer? p2p is really bad for people far away from each other.

good and Nice, but why the hell do i need to install over 6GB to play the PTR version ?
Isnt it possible to just install a little update version you can change to?
It seems you people really dont know anything about your consumers …
Instead on cashing on the broad mass you support this elitist call to upgrade and upgrade the computers…
Why did Broodwar get so popular ? Not because because it didnt worked on most computers, but becuase you could install it on every mans hardware …
If you cant make a public light version at least, support the folk that is buying the game with their current machines, no need to put them in barrel and f. them with patch after patch …
Do even realize that this lockdown was the opportunity to finally expand the community and consumer base to an unknown horizon?
What we need right now is stability and that the product works as expected. MAybe it isnt to late to anchor the new commers…
Big updates is what this game needs, with new content, until this happens we need a starcraft that works…
No need for Starcraft 2.1 where every 3 months or so there is a new update that totally messes the balance only to get changed days later. Though gameplay wise this may not be the case in Broodwar, it is performance related. Every patch brings new buggs, only to not address old ones. MAny buggs have been fixed there is no denying in that. But some have been just ignored for patches now-> THe old games that dont disappear after refreshing even after reentering…
It is Ok to a certain extent that the game may crash after a new patch, if there is actuall new content, but it doesnt seem so … And than not for days, weeks crashing from moring to afternoon.

2 Likes

i have macbook pro and im still having problems running my sc, it’s so slow and the mouse is not responding correctly… this came with since the last 2 updates ago

Cydra MacOx high Sierra User still waiting for you make starcraft to work again. Since the patch update 1 July we were not be able to play.

1 Like

Ok, so what am i supposed to do in the PTR version ? Iam in it right now and there are no players in the custom lobby and no players on the ladder …
Also could you get more int othe changes, i feel like the game looks a bit different, screen maybe a little bit more stretched, or is it just my imagination ?

You are late for the testing, the update has already been released.

The idea was that you installed this several weeks ago when the PTR was first available just that in case your computer was not behaving correctly you would come here and comment about it, or if by any reason crashes happen they would have received the corresponding reports.

Its pointless to install the PTR now as the main game works exactly the same now.

Also there where not many players, it was empty, i was capable of play 3 games and then never opened it again.

ok, but how do you know it is the exact same version ?

At Normal version it say : 1.23.5.8607
PTR: 1.23.4.8352-ptr

So PTR is old ? or what ?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s old. The PTR opened on May 14th. When 1.23.5 rolled out on July 1st, that was its end.

still haven’t fix the problem for the one’s who play in iOS’s, how long for the next update? or at least the fixing of this problem?

All I’ve seen so far is that they have made some internal progress on the Mac side.

And the devs have asked those who are experiencing the issue to contact them directly for additional troubleshooting and information gathering, which is an opportunity that doesn’t come around too often.

As for fixes, Bliz has been periodically rolling out small hotfixes as they are able to find and fix the graphics API issues.

so on PTR my HD graphics 4000 works fine and no problems in game , but after update i got the update driver error “…old drivers… bla bla bla…” how is it posible ? i bought the game yesterday this is really disappoint

The PTR is an older version of the game. It doesn’t have the driver detection that the live game has.

A patch was rolled out today to help with some of the HD driver issues. Give it another try and post results here or in this thread if you like. Be sure to follow the advice in Drak’s post and if you still have issues, post your dxdiag there.