Reincarnation - a Brood War Custom Campaign

Sorry to make this thread again but since the forums “moved” (without the old threads), that one will fade to total oblivion.

Reincarnation is an atypical custom campaign made mostly with the game’s editor. I tried to create a different play style than the game’s usual. It has melee too but not at the same level as the original game.
It’s RPG inspired however there is not proper level up or inventory for items but the main character becomes stronger as the story progresses.
The campaign offers covert-ops missions (as the main character is a Ghost) and base building missions. I tried to make maps as varied as possible, similarly to Wings of Liberty, but within the StarEdit’s (game editor) limitations.
All three races are involved but the action circles around the terran.

Here you have the link to the archive download and screenshots:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/starcraft-reincarnation-brood-war-custom-campaign.223090/

1 Like

To post links, use `. See?

lmao.kek.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Thanks a lot!
Because 20 chars are minimum…

i found the 1st mission have some tactical positions that you can snipe the turret but can not be access, not sure if this is intended.

If you need someone to fine-tune the dialogue, i can help you with that.

Hey,

I’m not sure I understand, access to where? Turrets are meant to be destroyed so you can eliminate bunkers, Goliaths and other units that might see you because of the missile turrets.
Usually, you have to inspect the areas to see from where you could start shooting and not be seen.

About the dialogues. I’d appreciate it if you could report grammatical or linguistic issues. But, I wouldn’t want it to be a chore. I guess the texts are pretty understandable :slight_smile:

Mostly, I’d appreciate bug reports and ideas, but that if you like playing the campaign.

There are some places that i can safely destroy the turrets without getting in range of the bunker or other units stationed nearby, for example, the cliff on the bottom right of the map.

But i can not access those area because the path is too narrow and my ghost can’t walk into it. Therefore, i don’t know if that is intended or bugged.

1 Like

It’s intended for you to shoot some turrets without anyone being able to directly see you.

I’m not sure exactly which areas you’re referring to. A screenshot would help.
If it’s about the zone with the Command Centre between cliffs, then it’s intended so that you don’t walk south of the Bunker to the beacon without being seen. You just have to find the right spots to shoot bunkers and stuff without taking any or the least of damage because you can’t regain your health back but only the energy when walking on the beacons.

Now, if you’re writing about the sand part in the southeast where there’s a bunker and a turret up on unreachable highland, then yes, it’s intended. The same strategy applies, figure out where you should walk through and not get hit.

The map can be completed without game breaking bugs though.