Real TIme Lighting bug?

I have a new PC with graphics card 6GB VRAM, Windows 10. Over the past week my SC RM has been crashing my computer to the point where it just turns off, restarts & my colors during SC RM gameplay have been going all weird (blue tint covering my screen mid game or sometimes straight away) I seem to have finally resolved both of these issues tho by turning off the real time lighting effect! I wonder tho why is this happening?

Hey, M4tEriA! The real time lighting effect requires quite a bit of VRAM. My best guess over the restarts, crashes, and colors related to the real time lighting would be either a driver related issue or something hardware level like VRAM issues. Disabling the realtime, could be putting less stress on the system and helping with the crashes and reboots.

Do you have any similar issues with other games or have you tried stress testing the system?

With the computer turning off on it’s own, it’s best to have a local technician to look into this issue. I’m happy to check on a DxDiag file to see if there’s any clues or suggestions that I can provide in the mean time. Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

I have had no other issues with the PC at all, only other game i have played so far is StarCraft 2 and that works fine. It is a brand new PC it was just built & as soon as it started crashing i took it back, it was looked at. The completion notes were:

• Passed multiple runs of test HDD & SSD tested both passed
  • Crash log files checked and AMD TDR Video Failure
    Maleware check done- didn’t find anything bad
    Drivers updated
  • Running Furmark stress test

They mentioned that they believed they had resolved all issues & they were stress testing it all afternoon and nothing had arised.

As soon as i got home i still had the same problem with SC, it is no biggie because i can still play fine without the effect on but this is more of a post to try & get to the bottom of what is happening here, do i actually have a fault or is anyone else having the same problem!

DxDiag - pastebin > XsWsPHKR

Thanks for the thorough details here, M4tEriA, and the system files! I’m glad there is a workaround for now and I full agree that getting to the bottom of what’s causing the issue is a must :slight_smile: I don’t have similar hardware to test this out, but my Nvidia cards appear to run the game without similar effects.

We’ve seen some issues with the RX 5XXX series and the latest Adrenalin drivers for some of our other games. The same problems might be causing the graphical issues in SC1.

Could you check the Radeon Software and disable all of the options in the gaming tab, then retest? If this doesn’t help, does reverting to driver 19.11.1 seem to help with the real time lighting issue?

Though, I have not seen this cause any graphical issues, I thought it is something important to note, in case, you have any issues with other games later on. It’s primarily caused BEX64 errors, crashes, performance, bluescreens on systems with the 3600 or 3600X processor. It’s had some issues with the newer BIOS versions, which this computer is on. Particularly, with the AGESA 1.0.0.4b (F50) update. Reverting to AGESA 1.0.0.3abba(F42f) or 1.0.0.3ab (F41) has helped with the system’s stability for these issues.

Hopefully, we’ll see some other reports if anyone else with similar hardware is running into the same issue. I’ll check if our teams have found any issues with their testing as well.