[Poll] Players leaving during countdown

This issue has existed since 1998!

in 2019 we are asking the biggest question that we all know the answer to.

Matt Sherman, you legend. Please dont think about anything on your own anymore.

Please continue to ask the community what YOU should do as a developer as you are clearly not qualified to make basic decisions.

1 Like

This has got some truth to it. Promised-at-launch features still missing two years after launch… Ouch ouch

Can you be more specific about which features you’re referring to?

I’m inactive so can someone clear me: we didn’t get this feature yet, right? Why?!! Why make polls if you aren’t going to listen to your community?

Because the poll was created fewer than 2 weeks before we released the patch. Our build was already in QA RC by that stage - adding new features is not an option at that point.

There’s a whole bunch of investigative and design work that needs to be done before a feature is ready for release. Having progressed through our 2019 Priorities list from the community, this is one of the next features we’re considering, and the first step is determining what level of support there is for the feature in the community. It would be pretty goofy to do it the other way around - to fully develop the feature and then test the water the day before release. To manage your expectations, there is still a long road to travel on this feature.

I would hope the presence of the poll (and the 2019 Priorities thread) would be indicative that listening to our community is exactly what we’re doing.

4 Likes

Grant, most of us are very grateful for what you guys are doing and understand that it takes a long time to implement features when you have such a small team.

The absolute worst thing that could happen is that the game gets worse because of a patch. It gets frustrating for us when some things don’t happen (ddosers/hackers not being banned, no team matchmaking service) but we appreciate that you guys are actually working on improving all the small things with this game to make it a perfect experience. Most dev teams just focus on expansions or rolling out new characters/stages, but you guys are just optimizing the experience of playing the best game of all time, and that is commendable.

1 Like

I am pretty sure that he means 2vs2 matchmaking. That is the only point that makes sense to me.

Was team match making promised on launch? Cause I honestly don’t remember.

It said: “matchmaking & leaderboards”

Pretty sure that people did expect even 4v4 MM. It’s pretty clear that people are not satisfied with there only being 1v1.

1 Like

I think they originally specified both one on one and team matchmaking explicitly, and then at some point tracked back on that and just put up the “matchmaking & leaderboards” descr. Not completely sure though

I think it’s been discussed to death on these forums, and is mostly tracked on the ‘2019 priorities’ list, but see below for a list just off the top of my head.

“I would hope the presence of the poll (and the 2019 Priorities thread) would be indicative that listening to our community is exactly what we’re doing.”

It absolutely is! You are doing a good job. Just too slowly. Which is not the team’s fault, but someone up higher’s, dedicating too few resources. 2 years after launch SC:R is still objectively a lot worse compared to the 1.16.1 infrastructure the community maintained in a lot of ways. Matchup picking, clans / unified servers - easy friends lists / 2v2 ladder / leaderboad (country ladder, clan ladder, etc) tournament page on iccup, unit and worker count in replays, better graphics (SD looks worse, AND I have to look at a smudgey minimap for 2 years now).

Some things are much better, of course, that is undeniable as well, but you gotta admit it feels silly for old time players to have to deal with issues / deficencies that were created with RM and are still present 2 years after launch. Then again, no hard feelings, I liked the carbot skin as well, and purchased it to support the game / because it’s fun.

I guess the reason some of us still post these complainy-pantsy posts is just in the hope that it might make Activision-Blizz hire a few more people to work on the game. Other people have made peace with the fact that in this new era, we just have different pluses and minuses then we used to

3 Likes