Please replace the DRM with something that promotes longevity

If we have a perfect line then need to block to record in video-camera an this the USA flag.

For those wondering, Google Translate:

If we have a perfect line then need to block to record in video-camera an this the USA flag.

Crap… Nvm.

1 Like

If the Paul Gray it die for the Brazil flag then I be happy!

Understand?

hahaha Beast you i know i hate you, but today you are my friend, made me laugh. <3

Whats your stand on posterity tho.

Amid rumors of stubborn stains are fresh fruit contestants cut 1/3 of the workforce today leaving voters in no doubt it’s the extra month on the tree gives your dog a prolonged, active life. No other cold remedy relieves pain faster in the remote townships with the improved cornering stability and sheer luxury of better prostate health like a delicious low fat lasagna. Two endangered species keeping up with the latest dance trends, taste buds tingling with emergency relief efforts in the wake of previously unseen footage of Elvis.

Do YOU understand?

In the words of Scar from The Lion King:
I’m surrounded by idiots. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The SkyTechRTS ready?

• Why the Michael Morhaime* is leave?

I am sorry but I have to disagree with your statement about the fact starcraft was already on its way out before you guys started work on it.

There were very popular 3rd party programs that made the game very much playable on all operating systems. As well down the road fans of the game would have continued to make 3rd party programs to keep the game alive. If anything has come from the update of this game was the inability to create third party programs for this game. I get you guys were worried about bot spamming and hacks. But at the same time, you have ruined the ability to create bots for the game to moderate clan channels or to maintain this aspect of it. In fact, you are IP banning people for doing so removing long-time users of this game that are trying to keep long-time clan channels alive for the people who have played this game for decades. This is a disgrace.

About 6 months after the release of remasted I gave up hope of the project. I come back every now and then to see what has changed but seeing that nothing has changed in almost over 2 months has proven to me that this has become an afterthought. I realize people still love starcraft. However, this remastered is nice but with all the changes and the lack of listening to the overwhelming response from the start of this project has made me lose a lot of respect for this project. Also, a ton of these changes has destroyed the lobby and the community aspect of this game that was once a thing.

At one point you put in a few things to try to keep that community aspect but in the end, you ended up dropping those possibilities and have for the most part destroyed them. I am very upset with what has come out of this project. I had very very high hopes for this and was very excited to the point of me purchasing this remastered version. But soon found my self saddened by what has come from it.

That statement was simply using SC’s decline in functionality, and indeed requiring third party intervention to survive, to illustrate the supposition that SCR will likely start down that path before Bliz ever shuts down. It was kind of an ancillary statement nestled in my main points: the 30 validation DRM, why it’s in place, and my hopes of how Bliz would handle it if they ever shut SC or themselves down.

On a side note, I’m not a Bliz employee. I just wanted to mention it because you used “you”/“your” a couple times.

To also know your, a couple girl no true. This is known of very to perfect line. If use then very easly, how the god easly. Say to me to help of after this known to me no need.

I agree with the fact, that this always online is unnececary.
First of all most players that wanted the HD Remaster bought it already via Pre-order and get anal inserted for not getting to use it like the original.
Second if Blizzard is afraid, that if they not have it and those Anthologyusers just hack the game to turn it on I have a customerfriendly method.
Give two different download clients. One for anthology without all those HD graphics and another one, only visitable for Remaster buyer with the HD files.
If they want extra secure they can have in the hd files something like a watermark or the battle net client a scanner to see how big SC is and if they log into multiplayer their account get locked until they bought the remaster.

1 Like

This is exactly the point!!

I’m not sure your method would be fool-proof though.

1 Like

Yeah-yea its perfect an easily.

This topic for protection or the SkyTechRTS also no want sure an asnwer to me.

Because a this SkyTechRTS of was our don’t know the true answer on that question.

I had a similar idea ages ago.

Even better would be to not scrap the old client at all and still have it available. There was no need to roll the two into one.

Well then they would not got the support for the new os free which whas a promise. That it automatically came with bigger file asked no one and did not really want one.

I have Patch 1.16 backed up. It runs fine on Windows 10.

If Blizzard doesn’t want to do the work themselves to keep it up to date with each OS update they should license it out to GOG like they did for Diablo 1, Warcraft 1, and Warcraft 2. Not make it free and using the same exact client as the Remastered version.

Whoever decided that was a good idea should go back to school.

1 Like

Interestingly, my friend and I are looking at a way to try to get SC (and WC3) to connect over the internet by trying to fool it into thinking it’s just a LAN connection. It means we won’t have access to the Remastered graphics, but we just can’t be bothered with all this trash that comes with every patch, and a new patch seems to come out once a month.

As you say, Patch 1.16 works fine. With just using a LAN connection, the only requirement is for each player to have the same version, as opposed to having to have the latest version. If we can get it to work, it wouldn’t be a huge leap to have someone set up a dedicated server to work as the hub and have everyone connecting in this manner instead of through Battlenet.

With the way things are, I see this as the most viable option for the future of the game. WC2 still has a fanbase, and they use a dedicated system too.

1 Like

I wish you luck in that, man.

1 Like

Maybe try looking up something called PVPGN. It is server software that is used to host a ton of different servers

Supported Clients

• WarCraft 2: Battle . net Edition : 2.02a, 2.02b
  • WarCraft 3: Reign of Chaos *: 1.13a, 1.13b, 1.14a, 1.14b, 1.15a, 1.16a, 1.17a, 1.18a, 1.19a, 1.19b, 1.20a, 1.20b, 1.20c, 1.20d, 1.20e, 1.21a, 1.21b, 1.22a, 1.23a, 1.24a, 1.24b, 1.24c, 1.24d, 1.24e, 1.25b, 1.26a, 1.27a, 1.27b, 1.28, 1.28.1, 1.28.2, 1.28.4, 1.28.5
  • WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne *: 1.13a, 1.13b, 1.14a, 1.14b, 1.15a, 1.16a, 1.17a, 1.18a, 1.19a, 1.19b, 1.20a, 1.20b, 1.20c, 1.20d, 1.20e, 1.21a, 1.21b, 1.22a, 1.23a, 1.24a, 1.24b, 1.24c, 1.24d, 1.24e, 1.25b, 1.26a, 1.27a, 1.27b, 1.28, 1.28.1, 1.28.2, 1.28.4, 1.28.5
  • StarCraft : 1.08, 1.08b, 1.09, 1.09b, 1.10, 1.11, 1.11b, 1.12, 1.12b, 1.13, 1.13b, 1.13c, 1.13d, 1.13e, 1.13f, 1.14, 1.15, 1.15.1, 1.15.2, 1.15.3, 1.16, 1.16.1, 1.17.0, 1.18.0
  • StarCraft: Brood War : 1.08, 1.08b, 1.09, 1.09b, 1.10, 1.11, 1.11b, 1.12, 1.12b, 1.13, 1.13b, 1.13c, 1.13d, 1.13e, 1.13f, 1.14, 1.15, 1.15.1, 1.15.2, 1.15.3, 1.16, 1.16.1, 1.17.0, 1.18.0
  • Diablo : 1.09, 1.09b
  • Diablo 2 : 1.10, 1.11, 1.11b, 1.12a, 1.13c, 1.14a, 1.14b, 1.14c, 1.14d
  • Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction : 1.10, 1.11, 1.11b, 1.12a, 1.13c, 1.14a, 1.14b, 1.14c, 1.14d

This is also open source. I used it a long time ago when hosting a server for my friends.

1 Like