[Please read] I'm out of patient

Hello Blizzard,
I’m a Starcraft user since it was born.

I can’t even remember when did I play Starcraft without an error.
Every peak time, which can’t be an excuse in this modern server engineering era, the ladder server has problems, and users can’t play a ladder game.

We are old users, and we can wait. But this problem didn’t solve for 6 months. (as I said, I can’t remember the exact date).

We, the users, are sure there is no maintenance for this game.
But still, Blizzard accepts the purchase payment.

So what I want to say is, maintenance is your duty.

Please, let people play the game.

Thanks.

6 Likes

Haha. I feel ya. However, I am pretty sure you won’t be heard : (. This is an old game that does not generate much profit and Bliz probably won’t invest both the money and the manpower. Plus, if you are complaining from Korea, you must realize that you are lucky. Here in America, even with the fastest internet (1GB internet), about 90% of the games are laggy. And a lot of us don’t even realize that we are playing w/ lag b/c we NEVER EXPERIENCED GAMES WITH NO LAG. So just let it be. Blizzard is being Blizzard.

Oh, and to be fair for blizzard, maintenance is more of an issue of respect than a duty in my opinion.

I also agree the US has a lagging problem cause I lived there until several months ago. But this server issue, as an engineer, I see that even an intern can solve this problem :frowning:

Your patience and non-offensive language is admirable. :slight_smile:

Seems like 22K players online for 20+ years old game is not enough for them to properly support their project or at least communicate with the community.

While you do have a point, I do want to mention the followings:

1. Remastered was not free
  2. Blizzard did absolutely nothing to promote Starcraft for many years other than maintaining the server. The server did not have ladder system and was plagued with hackers, and we did not have any tournaments hosted by Blizzard. If it wasn’t for Fish Server, many players playing today would not have been playing.
  3. Blizzard did not provide matchmaking system to the Fish Server, and indirectly forced them to stop their service (and they maintained their server really well).
  4. And lastly, it could be just me, but the lagginess has increased since the new administrators took over, making me wonder if the new guys are competent or not.

If you enjoy Starcraft literally as a pure pastime, which actually is the purpose of games, then the current service by Blizzard is good enough in my opinion. But for some of the players who take the game more seriously (you are annoyed when you lose your match), then I think there are some parts of the service that you many not be happy with. Admittedly , this is a 20+ years old game and we shouldn’t expect much from Blizzard and be grateful. But I do sometimes wonder if the server status could improve if right person was doing the work.

Twitter message bombing campaign of prominent blizzard / Activision employee shaming him or her in front of colleagues usually does the trick.
At least it got grant and matt fired.

While I do not think you are serious, that is way too extreme :open_mouth:

Although…is there any one assigned to Starcraft Remastered at all?