Patch 1.23.8.9588 broke install

There is a work-around that was discovered by some other folks on here.

In Blizzard app, change region to Asia (globe at bottom left) and click on Update. That will roll back to patch 1.23.8.9411.

You will be able to play as normal (US West gateway) but your friends list won’t work as that is region specific.

3 Likes

This worked for me, thank you! Do you know why different regions don’t receive updates at the same time. I figure the broken patch will eventually be applied to the Asia region too.

Incredibly tragic that Blizzard is so bankrupt in creativity and competence that not only are they reduced to relying on re-releases of classics from the era when the company was filled with brilliant, talented people, but they can’t even keep themselves from mangling those classics.

3 Likes

I just used the Asia region workaround and game is now playable after rolling back to 9411. Thanks.

Game would load for me, then get to Bnet, and simply not give any options, or highlight okay button. No multiplayer at all.

Setting region to Asia and rolling the path back fixed and was able to log back in on US servers.

I think youre right. Its been a month since I was able to log in and it doesnt seem like Blizzard gives a damn. Ive been playing the game since 1998 and this is the longest glitch Ive ever seen.