Patch 1.23.2 Notes

EUD map string bug still exists within one cycle

now this game have some serious problem. first lag. all of multi user play is have lag. and map download problem is more serious. if you start one game than next time you have to map download again. are you kidding me? we cant play game. and please care for user maker map. LOL belong to user maker map. dont forget it. and please fix quicly. many star player is already consider to leave this game.

1 Like

Something is seriously wrong with this patch. All the ladder games are lagging for me. And it doesn’t seem to be connection lagg (it’s lagging with players with whom connection was perfect before - tr24 low lat). Please investigate. The game is unplayable (basically it’s like every game is tr8 extra high, bit different kind of lagging but that is the experience).

Hello all,

I’m am not kidding. This patch KILLED starcraft for me. I have small PC with N3540 Processor, 8 Gigs of Ram and onboad Intel HD Graphics, Windows 7.

This game is 20 years old. I never had problems with it.

But after the patch, EVERYTHING doesn’t work. The Menues LAG like crazy. It feels like I having 10 frames. Some parts of the Menu doesn’t render, for example, I sometimes I can’t see the server list or the gateway list or basically anything.

It’s really bad.

4 Likes

Why previous season information appear? and Could you notice when do you begin a new season? at least a week ago

Im having constant hickups where the game freezes for 1-2 seconds every now and then, didnt have this problem before the patch.

So actually no new stuff after few months? Just fixed colors?

2 Likes

Hello, after today’s update, after pressing the “s” or “p” button the game takes me across the map to an indefinite place, usually near the main, it is very annoying… For example, playing the protoss wants to build a pylon, I press the b + p combination and takes me somewhere else, i lost a lot of time to return on the map back to where I want to put the pylon. How to turn it off TELL ME PLEASE!

Waiting for a fix, that shouldn’t happen obviously. No response from mods still. As you can see - bugs rain cats and dogs after the patch, so the best way is not to play the game before the fix. But at least we have Zealot icon :slight_smile:

Well I tried limiting FPS, that didn’t help (before I checked and it was 270+ fps which is insane, i don’t know why).
I also tried reinstalling the game, that didn’t help either.

Any suggestions? But i guess my efforts are in vain because I’ve read similar reports from others, so it must be a problem with the patch… Please blizzard look into this. Even single player mode has the 0.5 sec freezes like every 40 seconds. Unplayable.

1 Like

Is it too late to get the Orc console if I preorder WC3R now?

The way it’s worded, it sounds like pre-order bonus (as opposed to a SoW bonus) so it should be available to anyone who does so before the release date.

Hi,

There has been so many positive changes since the last time I checked. I appreciate your hard work and care for the community dev team. The colour update was a very pleasant surprise cause I’ve always wanted that since long ago. But with these great changes also came some newly introduced bugs as aforementioned by many users above. I’d like to suggest if you could bring back the PTR server where you could test out new versions before releasing them. I believe the majority of these new bugs could have been avoided by simply testing them out. Bugs like string bugs, unprecedented severe lags, infinitely re-downloading custom maps could have been detected and reported right away if there was a test server for it. You can simply ask map maker community such as EDAC(cafe . naver . com / edac) to test it for you guys. I believe you have a contact email of one of the members of EDAC. Anyways, I am very glad there are new updates. Keep up the good work.

6 Likes

Nice job Blizzard! One step forward, two steps back. By removing the colors you recently added you destroyed the purpose of restoring extended colors which was a priority. How hard was to make a toggleable option like we all agreed? I liked my Cyan color and I liked to play orange on desert maps. Disappointed and completely lost my hope for this team.

EDIT: Lmao this must be a joke right? Now when you hit S or P camera centers to your starting location which makes game unplayable. Double bravo!

7 Likes

Blizzard agreed to do that? Or are you talking about just the players, where you are speakimg on everyone’s behalf? Or are you saying that it’s the players that own the game, so what ever we say goes?

I’ve seen a couple reports of this sprinkled around. Are people checking their hotkey setups? Do they need to be rebound? Does changing them to something else and back resolve it at all? Does language selection matter?

Greetings all,

We are working on a hotfix patch for multiple issues.

Note:
The Orc console is should show up in collections for folks that pre-purchased The Spoils of War Edition of WC3:

best,
Matt

2 Likes

Ah! So it’s not specifically a pre-order bonus.

It’s part of the Spoils of War. So that means it’s available to anyone who purchases Spoils at any point in time, before or after release?

There was a blue post on last patch where dev promised to make a workaround about it. Majority wrote about making a toggle, another half to remove all colors, I saw a post or two about shuffling colors so don’t get why they went with most unpopular decision on top of that removed some colors. This just means the don’t care about players opinions so I’m not even going to be bothered to write anything from further on, it’s pointless.

4 Likes

So it’s the players own the game mentality. What they say, goes.

That philosophy will never work simply because it is impossible to implement what everyone wants. There will always be those who are upset with the decision and will throw the same sentiments at blizzard that you are. So, the owners of the game are doing whatever is inline with their design goals. And this case they didn’t purely side with any camp.

Cite the “promise” that they would do what the majority wanted. Interested in feedback? Sure. Looking for improvement? Sure. But promise? Not likely.

Hell, as youve illustrated, even when they don’t make out right promises, players twist it into a promise and then criticize blizzard for not keeping it.