Patch 1.23.2 Notes

Feedback.

Gameplay runs fine, but the client is using 800 megs of memory and is choppy and slow as hell to load since last patch. Opening task explorer reveals 10+ instances of blizzard browser. Absolutely crazy.

Pressing normal keys sometimes behaves on bnet as though you pressed alt+key, so pressing “O” can occasionally trigger “OK” or “C” for “Cancel”, for example.

Cursors show up as half-cursors in chat for me, as in, only the lower half of the cursor is blinking.

Games are “stuck” in the custom game list that have been up for days or that have AFK hosts. Once in a while, the opposite will happen where games will be cleared from the list as though they have gone, though a refresh reveals that they have not. This second problem seems to be fixed by restarting the client, but this does not fix the first problem.

Black should also be removed as a color from selectables since it camouflages with the minimap, and only one of pale yellow and yellow should be allowed; they look practically identical. Even tan and white and pink are extremely similar; the game honestly would have been better off without extended colors in non-UMS.

Hitting “cancel” during map download when you’ve pressed the wrong game doesn’t cancel your join, it just sends you to the lobby of that game anyway.

Cyan is still available from random colors.

Grant Davies, you should pass to the management that there are lots of issues. And that maybe a rollback patch is needed. Then you have all the time in the world to test out your changes and not cause so many problems. This is hurting your brand.

4 Likes

Similar yellow colour issues are still negatively affecting team gameplay. Mind boggling how 2 yellows were implemented in the first place. The new patch prevented 2 players from selecting yellow in the lobby (which no one did anyways for obvious reasons) but the patch didn’t prevent players from getting 2 yellows in a game by selecting random for their colour. The chances of you getting 2 yellow players in your game are nearly just as high after multiple complaints and a new patch… I don’t know why so much baby sitting needs to be done through these updates. It’s at the point where it is super frustrating

1 Like

Roll back now.

I can’t play at all.

If we leave it like this, it’ll be a huge loss to Blizzard’s image.

2 Likes

I can’t launch the game on Mac OS 10.10.5 (OS X Yosemite)

Errors while opening the game from launcher:

unexpectedly_quit_missing_library_header
unexpectedly_quit_missing_library_message

Greetings,

If you are experiencing missing text, and performance degradation with your UI can you please send us your logs? Ramius.forum@blizzard.com

Windows
using explorer:
%LocalAppData%\Battle.net\BlizzardBrowser

macOS
~/Library/Application Support/BlizzardBrowser/Logs/

We appreciate your support and patience.

best,
Matt

amateur hour amateur hour

matt sherman - the man who killed starcraft

1 Like

11-22-2019 at 3:42 PM - PST

@MadCatz,

Someone Posted about this same issue in the Mac Support Forum. I answered there, (the same here), that it’s QUITE POSSIBLE that Yosemite is being End Of Lifed by Blizzard. Remember, 10.9 - Mavericks WAS EOL some time ago, it’s about due for Blizzard to EOL Yosemite - 10.10.x.

I HIGHLY recommend Upgrading the OS to AT LEAST El Capitan to retain functionality of the Battle .net App AND the Blizzard Games that you have Purchased.

ymmv

Good Luck,

TimeLord04

[EDIT:]

See here: Cannot Launch Any Games - Desktop Mac Forum…

1 Like

https ://imgur.com/PiRBsIh

Since you won’t allow links you can piece that one together.

You all trying to set a record for the amount of issues you can create with this game? lmao…

Currently over 2200 seconds in queue as of posting.

Greetings,

Thank you so much to all of those of have reached out with quality feedback and data! It is very much appreciated.

We’ve just released Hotfix Patch 1.23.2.6912

Fixes:

• A file related to cloud storage has become corrupt for some users, which manifests as hitching/stuttering every 30 seconds in the menus and in-game. We’ve implemented a fix that will automatically correct the corrupted file. Depending on the extent of the corruption, it may take some time (minutes) to correct the issue in the background. Although performance in the menus may continue to be affected while the game repairs the file, in-game performance should not be impacted any longer. After the client closes you may see an upload box, you’ll have to manually hit ok.
  • After which the hitching that is being reported every 40 seconds or so should be resolved.
  • Infinite redownloading of custom maps
  • Fix for save file overwriting.

Investigating:

• Blank panels.
  • General Performance issues.

If you’ve experienced either of these and can help, please email me at Ramius.forum@blizzard.com.

Attaching your browser logs will help: using explorer: %LocalAppData%\Battle.net\BlizzardBrowser

Regarding multiple Blizzard Browsers

• Web browsers power our Remastered UI panels. In this patch, we’ve upgraded the browser version we’re using. It’s not unexpected to have many browser processes running - you’ll notice that Chrome does the same thing for each browser tab. So you can think of each browser process as a browser tab. We keep a bunch of them active simultaneously to improve performance.

Thank you for your patience.

And thanks to Szinkler for helping us run down the corrupt file issue.

2 Likes

Are you guys investigating the replay issue? I really don’t want that to get overlooked. As I’ve said, it’s been a problem since July. I understand that issues flat out preventing some from playing are more important, but I’m worried that the replay issue will be ignored because of this.

Hi . after this patch released, I cannot play on kr server. When I refresh the match list, the list appear then seize up and stopped for 1min. I think the UI of blizzard browser.exe is much more usage of pc than the UI of starcraft.exe of the old version.

What are they doing?

All upgrades to Ultralisk Cayburn are gone.

I’m leaving Starcraft

Blizzard operators are no longer needed.

Same problem. The processor with the new patch is always 100% loaded

i have a small update but still error, now my SC hang on the loading screen and hang the computer. Thanks.

Give my money back…

The hiccups dont occur every 30 second now they occur ever 2 second ??? totally unplayable.

edit: works now thank u