Patch 1.23.2 Notes

every time I get into the game it says upgrade required but I already did so it just kicks me out and says its done then it says upgrade again

having to uninstall a game to apply an update…

-Phat

I think I figured it out - you have to clear your battle.net cache folder. Mac is a little different than PC, but this might be the steps you need

Uninstalling and re-installing worked for me. Might try cache folder deletion before going through a 5GB download.
I do think its really great that the Windows ME team was hired by Blizzard to code SC1 updates. Great job!

I did all that. still cant pass by the upgrade screen. why is the game so broken just to fix a simple color change?

(Grant Davies) #150

Looks like there is an intermittent server issue where it’s not reading the correct version number. It’s being worked on right now.

I tried deleting the cache folder and it did not fix the issue. I see they are working on it, so I’ll try to be patient.

ok thank you for checking up on that. everything was working fine yesterday for me except the chat scroll, but i already read that has been fixed.

Hi. I just bought Starcraft Remastered. Downloaded it but Brood War opens. Then it tells me to upgrade to a lesser version and if i put upgrade it shuts down. I cannot log in, and also cannot enable HD Graphics in the setting. Is this part of the problem too?

samething happend here, windows 7,i just played StarCraft remastered yeasterday, but now … i have to play before my daughter comes back, now,i dont have time to play , hope to fix it soon

After the lastest update on SC

It keeps telling me to ‘upgrade’ to play on battle net.

FIX THIS

hi, when i start the game it ask me to upgrade to 1.23.69.12 it doesnt recongnice lastest version, what can i do?

Hey Matt, when the new patch was launched, the game wouldn’t allow me to update it. I went on the Battlenet Launcher, both SC2 and SC1 needed an update, so I let SC2 update, but SC1 never did.

So, I tried hoping in the game, telling me to upgrade the game. I pressed upgrade, but the game still didn’t do it. So, then I tried logging out of my account and hoping back in. Again, nothing. Then I tried restarting my computer, again, still nothing.

Please tell me there’s a solution to this, I’d hate to stop playing the game.

-Fiery

I had to re-install
-Phatvoodoo

this worked for me, i had to click upgrade like 4-5 times after i cleared the cache folder but it eventually worked. thanks

Uninstall - Reinstlal fixed that for me.

WOOT!!! I did clear the cache and it did NOT work. I started the game, clicked upgrade, repeat 4-5 times and it now works.

Thanks for all the tips guys, i’ll see if I can get it to work, thanks!

-Fiery

Fixed now. I went into the optionsa and I found out that I had to wait thirty seconds, until I could press “check for updates.”

I never had to do this in any of my other times of updating the game, but I’m happy nonetheless.

11-26-2019 at 2:44 PM - PST

Well, I tried this method… It worked ONCE! I did the Upgrade thing 4-5 Times, as you did, got in as you did. Then Exited the Game, Quit Battle .net Launcher, waited 30 Seconds, re-launched Battle .net Launcher, Hit Play on SC:R and the Popup comes up AGAIN.

We just need to wait for Blizzard to fix this permanently.

TimeLord04