Observer mode is kind of lame

You cant chat with the players , you cant reveal map, you cant see production tag, you cant see units killed, you cant see drones count, you cant do s…

The only think observer mode is good for is to get the replay and actually be able to see the things you want…

I liked that they put the symbols for all the things that are on minimap, minerals /gas supply thing at the bottom,instead of right, other than the zoom out /in i dont see much benefit from the observer mode…

Reply mode is in everyway better other than the ones metioned before …

For the purists that didnt want the worker count in the observer mode, if you fear somebody exploits it, you need to trust more in people, since actually you can cheat anyway with an observer, and if that is to much… MAke it so that the host can put the options …
At the moment observer mode is just boring and doesnt give any benefit other than giving you a reply safe possibility at the end of the game …

2 Likes

the classic obs mode is way better than this remastered one

That’s what’s observe means watching not talking. If to talk there will be a lot of players push back on it since long ago it was a thing that cost games due to one speaking to help another in a ladder game by watching that game. For the third person if agreed on both players share vision to third player but that third player can chat the findings to their friend making the ladder game fixed.

Here devs step it up where that chatting to players is separate making it so a third person can’t ruined a match. One can always whisper which was another problem but that have to be deal with the community letting things go.

I love this feature and I’ve been waiting for it about 15+ years. It allows one to sit back and watch. Watch with stats at the top and seeing everything to make sure things are running smoothly, which is a great way to look out for those who want to break the rules.

??? iam not sure what you talking about …
How does observer-mode have some to do with Ladder?
Sure i would love to see a observer-mode like the one we have for high ranking games or any kind of game on the ladder … But since when does it exist? have i missed something here?

Iam talking about the customgames observer-mode and the one in local network one …

And anyone that actually entered it with friends knows what a boring experiences it is. You cant even see production line, you cant see workers, and the worst of all you cant even reveal the f. map …
I would even love a observer -mode where you can see the high,lower, ground but you cant ask for much apparently …
you cant even see if the other observers are still there

If you can’t remeber the when this came out and before RM. While in a game ladder can be played 2 ways. First way is to click the join button and find a match. The second way is to use custom and make a map that is meant for ladder. There any number can join if 3 join then this can happen.

In game there’s vision and hands. By checking both you agree to let the third person see everything you do and you don’t attack them since they’re there to watch like an observer.

Here is where it turns the third person can still chat to both players or they can whisper of what person x is doing to person y.

Now days there’s a mode built in and they made it so you can’t talk to the players unless through whisper from what I’ve seen so far. That’s my whole point by comparing long ago vs today.

The problem with that logic is that it glitches out even when you reply to an unrelated private message from a friend. Not to mention it’s fun to chat it up with the other observers who are also in the game.

I definietly like to watch live games, so I wish Blizz would fix the “talk bugs” Thumbs up for them to see!