My personal outlook for the future of SC: R

The game will completely stop updating next year,There will be no more season updates,After three years, all the content of the game will be free,At the same time, the Blizzard will stop providing servers,It’s just a link to a third-party platform。
Do you think my prediction is right?

Content will never become free. It’s Blizzard’s money.

I think your predictions are not right, i believe they will still get the Seasons going for longer than we expect. As of BWAPI and Team Match Making, no, they are not coming and nobody else is going to talk about it anymore.

Content will never be free, but maybe Blizzard will move us to a Cloud base service.

Now the good news?, Starcraft Droodwar will be rediscovered a third time, in a bunch of games, when Cloud Gaming dominates the arena. You will be able to send a link to someone to play… and open “virtual cloud machines” of the game, run AI and a lot of stuff… more people will play it THAN EVER and it will become a respected and revered E-Sport again for posterity.

Cloud gaming will revive this game (and many others) in ways that are impossible to explain right now.

Which makes this sound like a conspiracy theory, hyfre.

1 Like

Stop calling me hyfre i thought the dumb people that use to do that where gone, he is no longer my friend hyfres name is Marcelo Pardo Quevedo and his Facebook has as dumb katana pose, he lives in Bolivia, he doesnt play Starcraft anymore.

What else you saw in your dreams my friend :sleeping_bed:, only the good news pls, and Broodwar became Droodwar, wow :open_mouth:

I saw a world where we are old and lame and we see kids of no less of 8 years playing and talking about “retro games” like Starcraft Broodwar (Droodwar XD) Tekken, Command and Conquer etc… playing them in their cloud systems, loads fast… no menus, they pay “coins” like we did in the 80`s, just like arcades, thought digital money will be diferent then… millons and millons of games a day… like never before seen in the realm under the cloud… and we will die while we see that beauty. This kids will be the best gamers ever.

And still not know how to defend against a zerg rush.

Blizzard will always keep StarCraft Brood War playable online in some form, so there is nothing to worry about.

Service will continue to be provided and seasons will be there. However, I can easily see hackers rampaging the ladder just like how they did back in 2017.