Map editor not saving anymore

Hi Sinsanity.
My first personal reason is that I don’t like when game companies abandon their own product (with their response above) and rely on third-party developers/programs. When they could easily make the time and update their own program at a similar state.
Second: I like to just load StarEdit and start creating a map and not worrying about all the “tools” that you have to choose from. I’m not slightly against it but in my own opinion, I believe that Blizzard can easily take the SCMdraft program and make it for them own and much more easier to navigate thru.
Third: I don’t like their respond when they are not even investigating the issue and just calling it a quick. Well in my world thats not acceptable.
Fourth and final reason: They only real thing for them at this moment is to receive new maps for the map pool in seasons and update the season further. The Developers can spend their time to make a StarEdit 2 Version for all their beloved fans and users that still loves Starcraft 1 and enjoy Starcraft 2.
They could make StarEdit 2 launch and… -Here folks, we have made 10 new maps for multiplayer action. Enjoy. Simple like that. I dont like to settle (thats in my nature) and accept everything they write when I know they could do better at that company for the player base.

/PlasterNET

5 Likes

Ok, I can understand you wanting an official editor. If you had said staredit in its current state works better / has a better UI / etc, that is something I could work on.

I’m fairly sure they are looking at what broke. However if you look at the list of 2019 priorities, they do have a lot more planned than just updating the mappool.

Same issue. I really would like blizzard to fix it.

4 Likes

In all honesty, this is disgusting that they would spend the time to BREAK their own editor as the program has endured without any issues for YEARS without any problem. Its not as if this game is or SHOULD be constantly patched forcing extra effort to muck with the editor.

This is just more proof that Blizzard as a dev company is dead to the consumer and only a hollow shell of their former self.

2 Likes

Well, default editor was really bad and no serious map maker used it, although I understand, you could do basics. Your only choice is to use SCMDraft because it’s really powerful.

Hope Blizz will implement and ship it with Remastered in future. Maybe they’ll buy it off from maker.

1 Like

Since Customer Support Agent Caterpepi has closed my thread (i.e. my BUG report), I’ll try to reply here as he suggested (!).

First, I’m quite shocked to read about this (somehow cold-acting) comment from the devs that StarEdit got a headshot just like that. :disappointed: But, that’s another story…

Now, what we really like to know is how you developers will handle this reported bug (Load Next Level Trigger Doesn’t Work Anymore), because all of YOUR campaigns (Precursor Campaign; Enslavers - Schezars Scavengers; Enslavers - Dark Venegance) are affected by this (newly created) bug, too. Only to say “we will not support StarEdit anymore” is simply not enough kind of statement.

No editor is able to handle this bug, because it is mainly an ingame problem. So could you please answer in a clean and straight manner if you developers aware of this particular issue and how are your overall future plans look to fill this gap that StarEdit has left.

Thank you in advance!

Apparently shutting down StarEdit support also means shutting down custom content support, so why bother.

1 Like

That agent needs to be fired because your question wasn’t even about StarEdit but the game itself! Instead of helping they shutting down threads. This way devs won’t have chance seeing the issues.

Load next trigger bug is definitely editor independent - it may have to do with whether the map is in the starcraft directory or in my documents\starcraft\maps , have you tried both locations?

@Sinsanity (aka Suicidal Insanity!!) :wink:
Yes, of course, I have tried both directories. My first assumption was exactly that thought, since there is a identical handling of directories for WarCraft III, where you HAVE to place maps in Documents/WarCraft III/Maps or you will simply not find them ingame.

As you can imagine, the result is one and the same when you put a Starcraft campaign in Documents folder. Start a campaign over the “Custom Maps” menu and as soon you have finished the first map, you got instant throw back to the campaign selection screen. This one with to the left Stukov, middle Artanis, to the right Kerrigan. It’s a bug and they have to fix it.

This also applies when you use the original campaign stuff too (which is what I’m still using to play Retribution).

Location shouldn’t be an issue. I have tried with already working custom campaigns and they don’t work, the next map is not loaded, Blizzard has broken it! Why? I don’t know, looks like careless coding to me.

If you ask me, this should never have been removed feature, because WE paid for this as part of the game, how its ALWAYS been part of the game. It came with the title, its STILL in the Battle net app even as a button, and Im sure it wouldnt take much to fix.

2 Likes

As a work around (Also see TomCatFix’s post eatrlier): The following files are missing, and re-adding them from an older install will fix the issue:
SEditDEU.loc
SEditENU.loc
SEditESP.loc
SEditFRA.loc
SEditITA.loc
SEditPTB.loc
SEditPTG.loc

The checksums match for my 1.18 datafiles, the older ones probably will also work.

Doesn’t work.

What I have tried:

• copy/paste regarding .loc files in “StarCraft: Remastered” folder
  • moved campaign into D:\Starcraft\maps
  • moved campaign into Documents/Starcraft/maps

It’s always the same result, after finishing a random map of a custom campaign, you get an immediately return to the campaign selection (Stukov, Artanis, Kerrigan) screen.

1 Like

Oh that was referring to staredit not saving, not the load next level trigger.

I did forward the load level bug since it seems to be editor independent. Cross your fingers!

2 Likes

I’m having this same, Issue I’m using the SCE launched through the battle.net launcher. I just spent an hour making a nice map for myself then went to save and… nothing happens. Super depressing. It’s just a simple melee map too, I see no reason for this error.

Is there anything at all I can do to save this file?

SI posted the fix 3 posts earlier. If that doesn’t work, you’re boned. Use SCMDraft.

2 Likes

It really blows that I just spent time in staredit for the save bug to happen. No former version installed either so I’ve got no way to do the only fix. Welp thanks Blizzard please fix your product that worked all the up until you broke it.

1 Like

I noticed StarEdit not saving a couple of months ago. I mentioned it to Blizzard, got no response, but have just come across this thread.

I knew StarEdit inside and out, having made a number of my own missions. Every so often, I would have a look at SCMDraft but there was just too much to try to figure out (I completely gave up with the War3 World Editor, and I can’t even figure out how to lay terrain with the SC2 editor). I’m not a “modder”, I just want to create missions with the sort of triggers that the original game used.

Just today, I find that StarCraft Remastered has yet another patch. I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the last one, and from the patch notes, there wasn’t… BUT:

• StarEdit is now no longer a link on Battlenet (in response to Zeoinx).
  • SCMDraft 2 is now giving me errors when I load it.

So, not only have Blizzard managed to break a really good editor (StarEdit), they have also broken the editor they are sending everyone to.

Awesome job…