Major online lag problems

Hello Blizzard, please fix the online lag problems. I’ve been playing Starcraft for more than two decades and am sad that the servers don’t work well in this remaster.

Hey there!

We aren’t aware of any server-side issues that would be causing players to experience latency issues during matches. This leads us to believe that you may be experiencing an isolated issue. Let’s go ahead and have you run a ‘WinMTR’ network test while the problem occurs in-game so that we can further investigate potential network-related issues between your computer and the game server. Here are the instructions:

1. Download the tool from this page
  2. Enter the game IP into the “host” field. The IP address for our games are listed on the WinMTR instructions page
  3. Start the test and play the game for at least 15 minutes. Ensure the problem happens while the WinMTR tool is running.
  4. After recording the problem data, click “export text” and save the WinMTR file in an easy to find location.
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the WinMTR. It’ll look like this:
WinMTR goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

I’ve just tested it for you, the servers were a disaster, it was really not fun at all to play with such extreme lag.

P.S. I’ve spoken to multiple of my Starcraft BW Super fan friends and they have all confirmed to me that Blizzard’s servers are broken for Starcraft Remastered and that they have moved on to other games, because they have said that Blizzard does not properly support it’s servers. Please fix the servers.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                               mynetwork -    1 | 2377 | 2376 |    0 |    3 |  108 |    3 |

|        lnsm1-montreal02_lo0.net.bell.ca -    1 | 2377 | 2376 |    0 |    8 |  116 |   27 |

|tcore3-montreal02_hu2/11/0/2.net.bell.ca -    1 | 2377 | 2376 |    0 |   22 |  133 |   25 |

|tcore3-newyorkaa_hundredgige0-5-0-0.net.bell.ca -    1 | 2377 | 2376 |    0 |   22 |  134 |   19 |

|          bx10-newyork83_ae0.net.bell.ca -    1 | 2377 | 2376 |    0 |   19 |  126 |   22 |

|    blizzard_bx10-newyork83_.net.bell.ca -    0 | 2376 | 2376 |   17 |   23 |  153 |   54 |

|              ae1-br01-eqny8.as57976.net -    0 | 2376 | 2376 |   30 |   82 |  368 |  132 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  480 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|         et-0-0-1-pe03-eqch2.as57976.net -    1 | 2376 | 2375 |    0 |   36 |  164 |   33 |

|                           24.105.62.129 -    0 | 2375 | 2375 |   31 |   33 |  143 |   33 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Hey ThomasLavoie,

Thank you for taking the time to run that WinMTR test. I was happy to check, but at the time of this message we aren’t aware of any server-side problems that would be causing players to experience inflated latency nor disconnects. We usually see an influx of similar reports if that were the case, and so we can only presume that the issue is isolated.

As technical support, we are not the engineers or developers of the game. We offer troubleshooting and may request data about the system or connection so that we can get a better understanding of the issue. We do still have many tools available to us, but depending on the game, the data can be very limited, which is why we request information here on the forums.

Regarding your WinMTR test, there are no obvious issues shown, and you appear to have a stable connection to your ISP. That being said, in this case we’ll want to be certain that the issue is not isolated to the network. Can you temporarily test an alternate network such as a mobile hotspot or VPN? This will help us quickly determine whether the issues are network-related.

I spoke with friends in different locations, they have all experienced the same server problems in Starcraft Remastered, this problem has been consistent since release. I have tested Starcraft Remastered on other computers and at the homes of my friends in their battle.net accounts, the servers have multiple issues it seems. I’ve seen problems in 100% of Starcraft Remastered games that I have seen. Please don’t say it is isolated, it seems to be problematic for many, it might explain why people have seriously started staying far away from Blizzard games.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.