Latest Patch Colors Are Too Similar

Hi there,

Since playing the recent patch that introduces a myriad of new colors, I’ve come up against one stumblingblock during some games, which is this: though each color is unique and it’s cool that we have so many options, some colors are quite frankly just too similar to one another, and it’s often difficult for me to tell which opponent is who due to the similarities.

I’d like to suggest an alternative idea to the current list that I think would be acceptable to most.

I would suggest that the colors be grouped into little “packs” of similar colors - if any player picks one of the colors of the pack, then the other colors of that pack are eliminated from choice by the other players in the game. This would enable customizability for each player, while limiting confusion after the game’s start.

Including the colors that were in the original StarCraft, I’d suggest the following list be the full range of “color packs:”

Red
Blue
Teal
Purple
Orange
Brown
White
Yellow
Green
Pink
Gray
Black
Cyan

I’ve considered other possibilities, but I don’t think I can realistically stretch the list any longer than that. These could be the 13 “groupings” (which gives everyone lots of options) in which all the other similar colors could be plopped into.

Please let me know what you think - I believe it’s important for every player’s color to be blatantly different from everyone else’s in order to have a fair game.

Thank you!
-Gidoza

you can shift tab and see green yellow and red

Why you started your packs from “Red” “Blue” wasn’t no for “Black” “White” or my this is very for brutalize …and what is part of “Cyan”.

@fatalfury214

I am fully aware of the shift-tab option. This is not a viable solution, for two reasons.

1. Using shift-tab is an option for the player. If I’m using shift-tab because I can’t distinguish my color from somebody else’s, it kind of defeats the purpose of having a list of new colors in the game, because shift-tab is then being used to escape from the new color scheme. This is not my goal.

2. Moreover, shift-tab does not help you in any way if you have multiple opponents, but even makes the situation worse, because the opponents have gone from similar colors to having the same color (red).

Perhaps if shift-tab had a fourth mode that standardized the colors to those of the original game. It would be confusing for general communication, though, which is why I think my original solution is best.

@Romario

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

Thanks,
-Gidoza