Latest patch breaks campaign - completely black terrain

Hi,

Just updated Starcraft Remastered on my iMac. In campaign mode, the screen is completely black on every mission. Not even using fog of war cheats turns it off, seems to be a more fundamental issue.

EDIT: Doing a scan / repair from the battle.net application seems to have fixed the problem

1 Like

Tried repairing the game but that didnā€™t work for me. I also reinstalled in hopes for it to work but it didnā€™t. Iā€™m also running Starcraft on MacOS.

It begs the question of why you would need to ā€œrepairā€ the game after a patchā€¦

I am having the same issue. Scan/repair did not work for me. Any hints?

Same here, I could not resolve it on my own :frowning:

Also the same issue - repair didnā€™t work for me either.

Iā€™m having the same problems. I tried to scan for repair, restart my computer, any other suggestions? I play on a Mac btw.

issue only occurs with the remastered version - reverting to the original (pressing F5) everything is fine.

1 Like

Scan and repair fixed it last night, but it appears there was another patch that caused me to have the same issue. Scan and repair does not fix the issue this time.

Should also add that while I found this bug in the campaign, it seems to affect custom matches and likely online ones as well.

This worked thanks! I would like to get back on remastered eventuallyā€¦

i am running MacBook Air 2014 and am having the same issue. The terrain map does a fancy transition to black and the HUD stays up. you can still select the people on the field, but canā€™t see where your sending them.
Last night a patch came out and my game loaded terrain with a blue-is shade, but now its all black.

guess its a mac OS thingā€¦ since we are going 64bitā€¦ YAY :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have the same issue, yesterday I bought the game

Because the new management doesnā€™t want to pay for the time it takes to ensure the patch is bug-free. Let the users complain and then MAYBE fix it

Howdy!

We are currently gathering data on this issue to help narrow down which users are impacted. We are seeing an increase of reports the actual graphics in game are either pure black, or tinted green/blue. Our current successful workarounds have been the following:

• Run the Scan and Repair tool on the client.

• Note : Use of the real-time lighting feature in StarCraft: Remastered requires a graphics card with at least 2GB of Dedicated VRAM, and at least 3GB of system RAM.

Some players are able to still select this option causing problems. Check to see if you have the option enabled: Real-Time Lighting under -> Options -> Video if you do disable it.

Retest. Let us know if the issue continues and what your Mac OS identifier is. Thank you!

2 Likes

interesting. turning off real-time lighting fixes the problem for me, and turning it on makes the problem come back. so that would be the issue then. i have never touched this setting, so i would guess thereā€™s a bug in that section unless the latest set of patches turned real-time lighting on by default when it used to be off.

(In ranked game) When I switch graphics modes by pressing f5, the remastered graphics shows a black screen except for map and HUD elements. Toggling back to old graphics shows everything again. (Non ranked) Carbot works just fine, looks like a regression only in remastered option. I will test 64bit later this week to see if it fixes issue.

I have 2015 MBP with integrated graphics card, running MacOS with most updates (all minus the one that came out a few weeks ago)

2 Likes

Hi George.
I got the same problem (from France).
It happened just after I did the last update (09 july). Before that no problems at all.
I play on a macbook air 2013. Every thing is ok on my computer.
I contacted the french customer support but they donā€™t have a solution yet. If I find a way to fix it I will tell you.
And please, If you or somebody else a solution, please share it !
Thx :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I have exactly the same issue. Iā€™m playing with Macbook pro 2013.
Hope thereā€™s more QA before release. :rage:

1 Like

Hi there, I 'm having the very same problem here as well (south korea).
Iā€™m also playing with Macbook pro 2013ā€¦

1 Like

Same hereā€¦ PLEASE FIX THIS PLEASE