I'm new and I don't know how to do anything, not even how to

Hi, to begin with I’m new to starcraft and to these types of videos, so I have no idea how to play and I can’t get past the tutorial because I don’t know how to do anything, I read the clues but I still don’t understand how to play, if someone can teach me How to mine would be of great help to me, I don’t know how to make the marines mine resources.

If you notice any errors it is because I use the google translator

Marines can’t mine resources. SCVs can.

2 Likes

Use SCV to mine resources, marines are for attack/defense, marines are built at the barracks, SCV are produced at a Command Center. The number in the top right corresponds to supply (say 10/18 for example) make sure to keep building supply depots so you don’t reach that cap, each supply depot will increase that cap by 8. Certain buildings require other tech to produce, for example, a Factory (under the V build menu) needs a Barracks before it can be built. All actions for a unit and or building can be found in the bottom right 3x3 panel, if you hover over the actions you can learn the hotkeys. Finally, Mission Objectives can be found under the F10 menu if you are unsure what to do in a mission.

3 Likes

Have you considered that Starcraft 2 probably supports the language you understand?

1 Like

Maybe they don’t want to play StarCraft 2? Have you’ve ever considered that?!

Joking aside, I think you might be on to something. A readable tutorial for the second game could teach you how to play the first.

2 Likes

Check the Starcraft I manual

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.2104
1 Like