I think the AI improved

After taking a few months off. I came back because I played the 1.15 build for a time. It was so refreshing not having the AI purely rely on spell casters. So much so, that I went back to remastered. After 5 rounds I can confidently say that the AI for Remastered is really fun again. Thankfully I haven’t gotten storm stacked or 9 lockdowns at once so far.

I want an A.I. to play as much like a human as possible. I haven’t noticed any “improvements” to the ai.

the Script each race A.I. runs is randomly determined from several possibilities, and also depends on how big the map is and whether there are islands or “raised islands” on the map, so maybe you just got lucky. For example, if there are no islands, The Zerg A.I. has a 25% chance of doing a 4th pool rush every game, regardless of the map size, so in 1vs7zergs, on average, about 2 of them will do a 4th pool rush, in which case the only way to stop that is 6 barracks with the fastest possible bunker and fastest possible marine in a bunker, with SCV repair, or you’re dead meat…and unless you are at 10 or 12 oclock on THE HUNTERS, Protoss cannot stop that. If you are there, you can block the shared choke with a Gateway and barely have time to forge and cannon before the gateway dies, but you’ll live.

Spells:
The A.I. will automatically use Lockdown if it has enough energy to do it, so again you probably just got lucky and it didn’t have very many ghosts yet. the A.I. automatically uses Psionic Storm if it has enough energy, and it automatically uses Irradiate, ensnare, Spawn Broodling, Plague, and Mind Control on Sight, If it has enough energy. In fact, the A.I.'s Dark Archons will pursue a valuable unit across the map and sacrifice themselves to mind control it.

In most cases, the individual spell caster units do NOT have a script to cast spells in Broodwar, the only exception I can think of is Medics, whic hdo have an individual script to heal friendly biological units. The “race Expansion Custom” A.I. that controls the race in “Melee” and “Free For All” games determines that.

I am pretty sure they have not modded the A.I., because all of the A.I.s still have the same bugs they always had, including Zerg not working at all on some maps sometimes (About 25% fail rate on The Hunters*), and Protosss just massing cannons in all the wrong places sometimes, and Terran forgetting to make detection and auto-losing to stealth units…even though they have the best detection.

So basically if you try “1vs7Zergs” on The Hunters, which I have won a game with no “duds”, but if you try this, on average 2 or 3 of the Zerg A.I.s will be “duds” and do nothing. If you try 1vs7 Protoss, 2 or 3 of the Protoss will get stuck on tier 1 and just mass cannons the entire game. If you try 1vs7 Terrans 2 or 3 of them will get stuck on tier 1 and forget to make detection. These bugs are STILL in the game 22 years later.

Similarly, in Warcraft 3, if you play against the Human A.I. on a “Tiny” or “Small” map, the A.I. will bug out and get stuck on tier 1 with 1 hero and 50 supply, even though the Human A.I. is actually written to go to 100 supply and 3 heroes ASAP. If you play on a map the size of Lost Temple or bigger, the Human AI will USUALLY get past the bug, eventually, and likely kill you with an Omnitech army, unless you are as good or better than myself.

I wish Blizzard would give you the option of adding the Insane A.I. to a Melee game, so I could try “1vs7 Insane” in as legitimate a manner as possible.

Yes, I can win 1vs7 Zerg and 1vs7 Protoss and even 1vs7 Terrans. I have replays of 1vs7Zerg and 1vs 7 Protoss on Battlereports website, should be on the first page but maybe the second or third If I’m mistaken about that…Although I cannot do it any more, because my skills have diminished that much, I used to be able to win 1zerg vs 7 anything, 1 protoss vs 7 anything, and 1 terran vs 7 anything.

For people who play against the A.I. on money maps, the A.I. does not understand how to use extra mineral fields in a base. It is written to play on a map with 7 mineral fields and 2 geysers (strangely) per base. So if you did 1vs7 ai on Big Game Hunters or “Fastest Possible Map Ever” the A.I. does not at all know how to play on those maps,a nd the fact you can beat it just means you wont the easiest vs A.I. challenge possible.

Again, the A.I. is designed to play with 7 minerals per base and 2 geysers per base, which a few Blizzard maps have that mineral/gas ratio or something very similar to that.

By mentioning 7 alot, you reminded me by tasteless when he stated that workers (Probe, Drone, SCV) mines 7 mineral at a time (not 8 :nerd_face: :joy:), jumb to this time: 10m36s

You can setup custom AI through GitHub and other sites. Its really fun to do it, there are even AI wars if you want to put your own AI versus other insane guys.

Intersting infos about the AI.

Why can’t you make a UMS map with the required resources and add the trigger run script at location insane ai?

More like false/irrelevant infos about AI.