Hacking and StarCraft

@Grant Davies / @ Blizzard Remastered Team. There is a new GAME BREAKING glitch that came out with the new patch on the 7th. While fixing the Drone gas exploit bug, you broke the Stacking worker glitch with Gas, now workers stay glitched on gas forever no matter what.

Link to the thread here.

I discovered this last night.

1 Like

Holy macaroni !!! that is a big deal !, i tried this myself is crazy, unstoppable, please fix… its very annoying.

Must be done from main menu of starcraft (where you select single multi or map creation)

Yeah I know the feels. I got ban for cheating in single player vs AIs. But hackers in SC online on multiplayer Real hackers, who can DDoS, can get away with this sh*t every day. But me cheating in single-player mode using Blizzard Cheat codes = Ban forever. Which is kind of funny, on 4/9/2020 I even got DDoS, lol I been banned only for 2 days. Amazing… Hackers get away with everything, while I cheated in single player. I think real deals hackers are more deadly then me cheating in single player mode. But hey guess “cheating is =hacking” but I thought hacking was hacking. :man_shrugging:
Good luck!

How can you be banned in single player??? Aren’t these cheat-codes made for playing vs AI?

You won’t get banned for using cheat codes in SP. You’ll get banned for running third party software known to be used for cheating, regardless of what mode you’re in.

Dear Grant,

A general feature of all gaming keyboards is recording macros.
Is this considered as cheating in SCR?

I understand that its not considered cheating as Blizzard even authorized Razer to make a “on the go” macro recording feature for the Razer Marauder model made for Star Craft.
h * ttps://support.razer.com/gaming-keyboards/starcraft-ii-razer-marauder

Thanks,
Xzander

I’m pretty sure you will not get banned for using macro keyboards, you just cannot use them in tournament play.

current laghack on ladder how is the progress going? found a fix yet? it has been reported by 100s off people by now since a week or two.

Hello
Thank you for such a maintenance
But I got banned for testing cheats on SP in custom game
Please unlock my account
This is not fair
I didn’t play SC Online for more than 4 years
Also I have clear resume on my account

1 Like

Sounds believable. LOL

It doesn’t matter where / how you use hacks, what matters is that you use it. Read 4 posts above yours:

Hackers / abusers still on the top of the ladder for seasons in a row, Blizzard please ban these obvious cheaters.

I see the top leaders on the ladder board are STILL all hackers… nice…

Honest curiosity. What does the Cheat Engine deliver that the ingame cheats do not?

Speed of the game
Exact numbers of resources (for that particular zerg mission and various things)
Some other stuff
To unlock levels or make the game crash because its interesting to change random numbers
But mostly speed
The game is kinda slow and drags for too long without cheats or hax to be honest
To be frank (and not filthy mind you) If I’m gonna use cheats anywhere, I’d prefer Cheat Engine over anything because I simply dont need to look up for long phrases and weird codes
I actually didn’t know that Its Illegal To Break The Game That You Own

Well this is the problem that happened with always online DRM. It blured the line and turned games you own to games you leased.

1 Like

And then gamedevs asks why people hate them so much and basically ask them to stop being honest and frank
Thanks for reminding me about piracy again Blizzard!

1 Like

The joke is Ubisoft, one of the biggest supporters of DRM stated, that it is basically useless because it will not stop people from pirating.

1 Like

You dont own the game, you own a license to play it. Blizzard/activision owns the IP, not you.