Give power to the community

We see that it is tough for Blizzard to handle StarCraft: Remastered.

After struggling for more than 3 years to provide on their promises, now for a 2nd day the game is unplayable.

This raises the most natural question of them all:

• Are Blizzard willing to give power to the community and allow the hosting of independent, community-based, self-regulating servers?

Thanks for your time.

11 Likes

Wait, what happened?

Blizzard has an opportunity to push this game into the place that it deserves being “The best RTS of all times”, documentaries/promotion, investing in AI, investing in tournaments, making the game a rock solid purchase with better features… and most importantly? reverse engineer it to the bit so they can expand some features of gameplay like making it SaaS Cloud Gaming.

Otherwise they will regret it.

1 Like

Them not responding to stuff like this could be an answer in itself. Maybe they’ve got a Jesus-type of person working there who sees the greater good in The community taking over but the bosses don’t allow it. So not doing anything, to then never react and shut down third party programs could be the best possible solution.

We already know that this is a company with underpaid employees that doesn’t care about anything other than money. What you are asking for would take money to set up, I hope they’ll do it but I doubt it. There are people in there that love the game and care about it, but those people don’t make the decisions.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’m just worried. The game, pro scene is doing better than ever (except for the first release months probably).

Would suck if a dead ladder for too long just kills the waves of new players coming.

Blizzard made a game, didn’t care or look what was up in South Korea for 10 years, suddenly the phenomena of E-sports had been created, their game was at some point the third most played “sport”.

Worked out fine not watching and stopping the game from growing on it’s own.

If they wanna leave the game in the hands of the community then this is the worst time possible though.

I still remember back in 2017, when I started BW again, it was virtually impossible to play a fair game in the public server b/c of hackers. Blizzard did absolutely nothing to prevent hack and it was the private server called Fish that did the work. The whole reason we still have pros playing this game was b/c they worked so hard to prevent hack. And guess what Blizzard did to them. They promised to provide Fish server’s admins the source for matchmaking and we never saw matmaking in Fish server, forcing those admins to give up the server. Now I already see some map-hackers in the public server these days. I’ve seen on pro’s youtube some other hacks. And we have Blizzard not responding to complaints and maintaining server so that about 60~70% of games are unplayable. I can easily imagine that, in few years, the server would be plagued with hacks and blizzard not doing a thing about it.

blizzard north made sc and wc. this activzzard is crap

It’s gotta happen, it will happen, seems like sooner rather than later