Dota (starcraft)

Hi! I’ve thought a bit about what kind of DotA that would suit the stacraft engine. Since sc doesnt use items and the micro of the heroes, and lack of spells, is critical I wonder if there is another kind of adoptation possible. Like for instance, you play 5v5 with a similar set-up as the wc3 dota, and each player choose a unique hero. But instead of just fighting and assembling items, you can play other roles, such as scv/probe/drone to build towers/shields etc and enhance upgrades for the team. Like a hybrid of wc3 dota and starcraft 5v5 bgh or something. I think the beauty of dota is the simplicity with its endless skill cap and the team-work aspect. Any thoughts? :slight_smile:

To clarify. Different paths to take. Miner/builder, fighter, spellcaster, observer/transporter etc. My thought is that u can pick any of the all units in game but u can only have one unique throughout the entire game. And also that there will be mining patches distributed strategically throughout the map that ur team can fight for and harvest if you choose that route. A team would gain from diversity but y could also tactically go for only fighters etc, to dominate the lanes and win in that fashion.

Experience would be crucial to insert somehow like in warcraft 3 dota, and as in Aion of strife a constant wave of creep on lanes. I dont think items are necesary if we have the ‘‘construct base’’ element, and that would also add to the unique experience and tactical diversity. Evolving ones champion and upgrading it is ofcourse fun and brings strategy and diversity. Sounds like fun? :slight_smile: It could be called aion of strife also, i think that would be fitting. ^^

1 Like