Bought SC:R but no HD option

I bought and played Starcraft Remastered a few years ago and at the time I had the option to enable HD graphics.
Now when I reinstall SC:R and open the game, the game does not recognise that I have bought SC:R and will not let me change to HD graphics either via menu or F5.

What I have tried:
Logged out and back into Battle.net launcher.
Running as an Administrator account.
Running Battle.net launcher as Admin.
Updating graphics drivers.
Temporarily disabling anti-virus.
Disabled all other applications, restarted PC, then tried.
Deleted the Battle.net Tools folder.
Checked for updates (in the launcher).
Scanned and repaired (in the launcher).
Tried all region combinations in launcher and in game.
Completely reinstalled SC:R.

Please help,

Cheers

Hey MultiSniper,

Looking at the account you’re posting from, I don’t see Starcraft: Remastered being purchased at any point in the past. I don’t see a digital order or game key being claimed on this account. If it was a digital purchase it should show up in your transaction history

Perhaps the purchase was done on a different Battle.net account using a different email. See if you can try logging in with any alternate email addresses or find the purchase receipt email.

Jambrix-
I havent been able to login since last june. Is this problem ever going to be fixed???

Hey there ZOG,

We should be able to help troubleshoot what is preventing you from being able to log in. I’d recommend submitting a ticket so we can work with you 1-on-1 and dig into this further. Responses on the forums are not guaranteed and I’m not familiar with your specific situation, so using the ticket system would be best if your issue has persisted for that long.

Use this link and click the Contact Us button to start the ticket process.

When I click on “update” it simply repeats scanning over & over perpetually. Files are scanned, repairing and it loops and loops back to scan files, repair files, scan files, repair files. This has been going on since early last june after whatever patch was released on that date. That link wont let me submit a ticket unless I upload some kind of file that I dont have.

Hey there ZOG,

My apologies as I see a reply wasn’t made here. The files the ticket system is asking for are system files, specifically an MSinfo and Dxdiag file. They help the Game Masters get a better idea of what’s going on with the system so we can offer tailored steps to troubleshoot any symptoms happening. Steps to create both of those files are in this link(you can click this to open up the instructions).

I also want to offer a general step that can sometimes help when the Battle.net application gets in a loop like you describe. It covers removing all things relating to the Battle.net application in case something is corrupted somewhere.

1. Uninstall the application
  2. Press Windows key + R and type in %temp%
  3. Delete anything related to Blizzard or Battle.net
  4. Do the same for %programdata%, %localappdata%, %appdata%
  5. Reinstall the application. A fresh installer should be downloaded for this

If that doesn’t help though, please do open a ticket so we can continue troubleshooting.

The problem started early last june when some new update was installed. I dont remember which one it was and I didnt keep track of them since I believe most are screwing up the game. Is it possible to remove the update from last june?

Hey again ZOG,

It’s not possible to remove the update from last June, but we can help you figure out why the continual update is occurring on your specific system. Usually this is due to file corruption or a problem with the drive the game is installed on.

Here’s how to generate the DXDIAG and MSINFO files that the ticket system is asking for.

To obtain your DXDIAG file:

• Press the Windows Key+R on keyboard
  • Type DXDIAG
  • Wait for it to fully load
  • Click Save all information
  • Name it DXDIAG, save it to the Desktop

To obtain your MSINFO:

• Press the Windows Key+R on keyboard for the Run command
  • Type MSINFO32
  • Wait for it to load, do not navigate to the other options on the left
  • Click File at the top and Export
  • Name it MSINFO, save it to the Desktop

After you have both of those saved to Desktop use the Contact Us button in the link I provided above and describe the details of what is occurring, then attach the files before submitting the ticket.

Never mind. Its hopeless.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.