The Expert Difficulty Starcraft Campaign Mod (revamped)

For those of you who want more single-player content or have atrocious latency issues (definitely not me that I’m talking about), I’ve hand-crafted this modification of all campaign missions (original and expansion) and included the second enslavers campaign plus all three Blizzard released single-player maps and a single player version of Starcraft Fortress.

I’ve posted this on Mod DB and GameFAQs but it’s only fair it should also be here as well since I’ve recently rebalanced it 2 years after starting it in 2017.

These maps feature enemy hero units, increased difficulty, some restored content that was originally unused and some rebalancing as part of a major overhaul from the last version.

I’ll answer any questions anyone has as best as I can.

Download link using Google drive:
https://drive_google_com/open?id=0B20JjCmbftI9aVRTcXZYRXIxUUE

(replace the “_” with a “.” after loading, click the download button, go ahead and scan the folder with your antivirus if you want to then move the maps to your Starcraft directory)

Edited again for overhaul, also this forum is butt with the posting you are allowed to do.

3 Likes

If you’re interested in taking the project to the next level, I’d look into AI editing. Plenty of resources out there now and though it’s limited on SC:R compared to the original, it’s still possible. Would go a long way to smoothing out the gameplay experience and creating a consistently-harder end result.

1 Like

I appreciate it but that sort of thing would be better left to people with more time and talent than me.

2 Likes

I think your link is busted, buddy.

Let me give you a step by step guide since you somehow don’t understand.

Step 1: copy and paste the link to your url at the top
Step 2: replace both the underscores a.k.a “_” with a period “.” using the corresponding buttons on your keyboard (if you can’t do that then copy them from this post)
Step 3: enter the link to load it and you should be brought to Google Drive
Step 4: it should say something about previews which doesn’t matter, just click the download button
Step 5: move the maps wherever your Starcraft directory is when it’s finished downloading

1 Like

No need to be snide, you can actually explain something without being abrasive, surprisingly enough.

1 Like

There seems to be a resurgence in new campaigns recently for both Starcrafts and after getting sick of the jankyness of Starcraft: Mass Recall I realized I had a lot more fun playing my own mod for the original campaigns so I might as well do a QoL update.

Most notably the starting CC starts closer to the minerals at Terran3 (with the entire mission being much improved) while the valkyrie vs mutalisk fight at the start of TerranX6 is 100 times more consistent now so you don’t randomly lose the two tanks on the right-hand side now due to bad RNG.

1 Like

Holabifbfkdbdidbdidbdbdd

Hey man, you did an amazing job! I’ve been looking for years for a way to increase the difficulty of the campaign which is far too easy (I started the sc at 4 (!!!) and I have 25 currently), and I haven’t never found a good mod (or just a mod). and then I found you.

I tested your mod with the campaign of the first terran, and … there is a big problem → the first minutes of the games, the enemies attack with huge armies with the units initially scattered on the map (which must normally stand still) when you have no defenses (it’s just the beginning!) and later there was no one on the map… (if you survive the first waves) so the middle/ end of missions is the easiest xD it’s quite weird. I think an easy way to fix this is to leave units where they are normally stationary (very early missions), and disallow the AI ​​to attack with them on subsequent missions (to get time of enemy training units).

or is there already a patch? I can’t even find the mod for MOD DB or GameFAQs x)

Almost every mission has the AI active at the start of the game and units from the enemy players were removed during play testing if they attacked too early otherwise they can be defended against (and the game would be boring then if you didn’t need to try to survive).

Otherwise the limitations of the AI is the biggest issue with this mod since their attack timings are based on the built-in custom AI provided in the game and can’t really be altered or customized without other means.

And the posts I made for the other sites are still there, maybe I could have been more thorough about it but I looked for them and they’re still there.

Lastly, the last update to this was in March 30th of this year, the bottom of the read me under version history should also say this.

Hello
First mission in company for terrain unplayable. Where you don’t have gas. Many marine and tanks with siege mode attack my base in five first minutes