Add option to disable minimap ping

There needs to be an option to disable minimap ping. There is an option to disable music, unit portraits, and an option to pay money to get a cartoon version of the game. If you get a backseat gamer on your team or a toxic team mate or player in your game you can always type /squelch player name or /ignore player name. You can always type /squelch Hollywood, or /Ignore Jurassicprobe and not have to deal with said players toxic behavior in game chat. There is nothing you can do about a team mate who map pings though. Minimap ping is not just annoying it can cause health problems to players in the game. Minimap ping can cause migraine headaches, cluster headaches, and seizures. If it causes harmful health affects there should be some way to turn it off or disable it so you do not see it. I am not asking for it to be removed from the game. I am asking for an option to turn it off.

There is also a player on West named “WhiskeyScotch” who will use ping to be toxic to team mates. He will ping allies bases and tell them what to do. He is not doing this to troll me as he does this in games where I am not present. He does this to be a troll in general and unlike me you cannot just mute him because his toxic behavior involves the map ping feature. Even if you squelch or ignore him you will still see his pings. Here is a replay for PROOF that he does this. Within the first second of the game he pings his terran team mates base at 11 and tells them what to do. He could easily just make the call out in chat but he chooses to ping his allies base.
REPLAY
repmastered.app/game/KSOdxPsorQoNMm3Y1nvQkID97Tl3cFmtdbFoJQNCpnA

I am not in this game proving he does this in general. he will do it no matter who his team mates are. You should really consider banning this person permanently from playing this game.

1 Like