A simple suggestion for 2v2 ladder (Blizzards own ICCup)

Dear SC:R team!

With limited staff and time prioriities on the matchmaking system, player experience 2v2 ladder has been lagging behind since release.

That’s simply where we are if I’ve understood things right.

So my suggestion is not a matchmaking system for 2v2, but your own ICCUP.
The community in korea and outside generally know how it works. New players who always got things served on a matchmaking plate. Well they’ll learn. It’s a intuitive system.

It could look like this:

New patch is released, players are asked if they want yo connect their battle.net account to your 2v2 ladder.
They are then linked to your ladderwebsite(Blizz2v2.comm)
There u can see the ladder, info on how it works.

2v2 ladder is added as a option of what one can create and look for.

There’s probably community members who’d help you if help is needed if u ask nicely. Generally 32 year oldschool players who did ICCUP can understand that too few in staff, 3 years delay means help could be needed.

Otherwise. Allow third party programs for 2v2?

1 Like

i think i didnt fully understood this post. Are you saying that blizzard is the owner of iccup? From what u wrote here i grasp to understand that u want a ptr server in which the players are able to pre test any upcoming patch and give feedback to blizzard team.

Edit: ohh i get it, u are calling the ptr server “your own iccup”. BTW i think blizzard already has a ptr server but for some reason this is not common knowledge and there is no easy access to it. On the other hand, they have only made QOLS updates, thus not giving any reason to play on it. I think if they open the ptr to the public and realease a 2v2 matchmaking it would make sense for it to exist.

1 Like

If they try this, doing it on the PTR server first would be among the steps.

But my post is mainly about how it would look when done and implemented.

Did u play on ICCUP btw?

1 Like

yes, i played a lot on iccup. I like the new ladder system, the iccup one was really easy to exploit, the only thing that keep it at bay from not being exploited was the forum report system and people dedicated to solve those complaints. I think they only need to implement standard 2x2 ladder with the current mmr in a full ptr server, thats it; people will play that willingly, i would totally play that tbh. Having a ptr system with a false 2v2 ladder is way better than finding random pubs and stomping them in 5 minutes of the game.

I also think that there is a vast majority of players that think the same way we do, but they are so lazy to come here and post. I dont think that a 2v2 ladder ptr is a lot to ask. If we keep asking for it maybe they will reconsider, i mean, its way easier than the full 2v2 am i right?

1 Like

Yeah, that’d be a good solution.

To me it’s about them not yet doing what was promised to be there at release. I don’t blame the dev team for this. I appreciate their work, and communication with us.

It’s about resources, manpower, that’s not for them to decide. And working around a game from 1998 has problems developers otherwise don’t face.

I like your idea, perhaps it’s easy to implement. I just think that since 2v2 ladder hasn’t come yet, there’s still poking around to do with other stuff I believe they prioritize higher. Well then let’s at least have something.

It’s hard to say exactly how much exploitation happened, how much it took from the experience of ICC. 5 people in 100? 50%?

But also. The experience of it Is subjective, it’s not like the ICC admins ran continuous quality surveys on their userbase.

I had a good time there at least, don’t remember that kind of trouble. Sure there were players way better than me. The occasional smurfs. But when it came to mmr/ranks it took two to tango. I had to join or start the game with someone at a much higher rank than mine. I can’t complain about that if It’s fully within my power to just ban that player and wait for players closer to my rank.

So If nothing else can be done then at least set it free for the community or do a simple solution like ICCUP. That’s much better than nothing.

i always thought that smurfing is not a problem here. Like, i can understand it is frustrating to be completely obliterated by someone, ive faced that scenario many times in the past. That being said, sc is the original “git gud”. If you are losing to much is your fault and only yours, it depends on you to improve and where to look at to further your skills.

I think that the main issue between blizzard and iccup is that iccup was free, and a lot of their staff also worked for free. Game complaints were easier to resolve. For example it was totally forbidden to make the worker drill to scout and it was really easy to check: if u worker drilled your opponent through fog of war that was it, your id is banned. Here noobs can get away with that unpunished due to the report system being nonexistent, the staff is being paid with money and is very limited compared to the broad player pools. Its hard to disregard idiotic people making stupid complaints about the game and asking for things; they have the same rights to ask for things like we do since they paid the same money. So with limited resources the dev teams have to distinguish the petitions and they dont have all the time to read every idea that comes into their mind.

I mean we have been asking for 2v2 and there was people asking for colors… freaking colors man. How the hell on earth are colors more important than 2v2. Nevertheless, color implementations were made and trouble came with it, hard to see in the map, players having the same hue due to color similarities so they had to roll that back a few times to achieve a certain balance. Btw color implementation sucks and adds absolutely nothing to the game.

Having said this, devs have to respond to both stupid petitions and their bosses who pay for their salaries. On iccup not only they didnt have a salary but they didnt have access to code changing, so this kind of implementations were unreal.

Yeah. Blizz perhaps doesn’t want to ban their playing and paying customers. Then again that player would have to buy a new account so a more active part there could be a argument the moneypeople above in Blizzard would care about.

Setting 2v2 free, allowing third party programs can also mean less work for them, people doing their job for free.

I dunno. But if the bosses above wouldn’t make sure the developers had enough time or staff to release all they promised with SC:R, with WC3 Reforged close in memory I think they’d listen more to those kind of arguments rather than that there’s players who wants it. We’ve paid for the game so we’re no use now a moneymaking perspective.

I agree btw about the colours. Just created a problem where there was none. But I dunno. Might be hard to prioritize what to change, perhaps they want some easier fixes blended in among their tasks.

This speech from Sean Murray about No mans sky deals talks a bit about the difficulty in prioritizing complaints from angry players.
I don’t think The dev team here could create an algorithm for our complaints as a lot of players might have played for 15 years before but perhaps it’d be a good idea.
(No Man's Sky: Grit - YouTube)

1 Like

Yeah, we all want 2 vs 2 ladder… But lets not dforget the one million bugs/problems…
No iam not talking about gmae mechanics… iam talking aabout stuff life the stupid invalid passwort thing, the “you cant join lobby” problem, the ladder system just leaving games after supposedly found one and going on with the count down… etc.

Yeah the colors brought problems, but lets just be thankfull that they managed that… Atleast we can choose some colors now ;)))… .
The real problems are the stupid buggs /problems … Remember the problem with chat in replays … Seems to be fixed by now … And iam thank ufll for at least that…
Lets be Honest, i really dont think 2 vs 2 ladder will come in the next year … How can they get 2 vs 2, if they are getting overrun by these problems with invalid passwort, etc.
I mean the worst of all Blizzard doesnt seem to be intrested in any help … Like the sailor that got us all drowned…

1 Like

topic close
pls repost when activision dies

Odin - Posting the same/similar comment in lots of different threads is trolling. Please stop. Let people discuss. If you don’t like it, don’t read it.

1 Like

posting same topic for 2.5 years even by different users is trolling too…
i peraonally posted team mm topics in the past and it seemed useless
blizz is dead
classic team is impotent
sooner u know it, the better

Not really, some of their other games (now that they are with Activision) are doing rather well. The problem is that BW is dead and the team don’t care about it anymore. It’s not profitable. That much we know.

Different users posting the same thing could be trolling, or it could be different people coming across the same problem and posting about their problem because they couldn’t be bothered to trek through loads of previous topics just in case their issue had been mentioned before.

Now, keep your posts on topic, or set your own thread up to have a moan.

I thought “Odin” was meant to be a wise person?

1 Like

What do you guys think the developers are working on?

1 Like

WC3 Reforged. Like all of em. Or maybe they left, want us to solve everything, but can’t say “hey CEO of activision we left to set the community free to save bw”.