2019 Priorities

Read this Blizzard:
I’ve been a longtime fan of this game and what you did to this game made me quit for some time now. Time after time, you take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. every time you release a patch, i know what to expect. It’s so buggy that you need to release a patch for the new patch. We’ve asked about TMM for the longest time and there’s been jack diddly swat. Stop blowing smoke up our a55es and do something about it. We want to see progress not words about progress. I never thought i would say this but i did not miss this game one bit these last couple of months.

2 Likes

Just want to say, great work so far.
I’m very happy to start up and play with the new additions, and it’s quite amazing you folks are doing this stuff in 2019!

(The negative people have no idea what it’s like for a small team to get a very old codebase).

I was wondering what is the story behind F1 key ingame? It does not seem to do anything on its own?
Would it be possible to have it store a camera location, just as F2-F4?
It looks like a minor change that would improve QoL without negative implications on gameplay itself.

Best of luck Remastered Team!

1 Like

CONSOLIDATION OF GATEWAYS
This is something we’ve wanted to do for a long time - but the gateway part of our server infrastructure is essentially the 1998 server code, and it still underpins SCR, WarCraft 3, and Diablo 2. Therefore, we haven’t been able to make this change without impacting the other games. With WarCraft 3 being Reforged and having an active team on it, and us getting more control of the Diablo 2 codebase and update system, this starts to become more of a reality.

What this means is that we could combine US East and US West into just 1 gateway for US for example, or combine all gateways into just one (which would effectively deprecate the concept of gateways).

Should be prioritized. I am sick of my diablo 2 characters expiring on East cause i play starcraft on west. East was the more popular server always till you remasterd. Turn of channel chay restrictions and allow your user’s to reforge new community’s.
Promote trusted players as game admins with a limited set of powers such as temp mute and the ability to kick issues upstairs and get resolved quicker. Give us more freedom!

2 Likes

Hey guys. I know it can be a double edged sword to give an eta on a product, but I really think you need to get back to the community on 2v2. At this point the prevailing view on teamliquid and in the serious melee community, is that it was all a lie. 2v2 was just a scam to get people to buy scr, and now that you have our money, you will just gorge on micro transactions and never actually release it.

So please. Tell us something. Even if the news is rough. Silence comes off real badly.

4 Likes

Not sure if this has been brought up prior, but a cool improvement would be to be able to set the default coloring scheme in the options (red/green).
Id love to be able to set it as default rather than shift+tabbing every game.

Hi StarCraft Community,

As we’ve passed the midyear point, I wanted to provide a quick update here. Although none of these were promises, we’ve completed over 40% so far and a bunch more are in the pipe (5x5). Below are some priority changes to help us laser focus for the second half of the year:

[P1] Racepicking (investigation) —> [P4]
We have some cool ideas on what we’d like to build, supplemented with the help of some passionate community members. At a very high level, the idea is to have a un-ranked MM experience where Racepicking would be allowed. This is still very much in the investigation phase and may or may not make its way into a release.

[P1] Further league divisions (investigation) —>[P4]
The current thinking around this is to add (- and +) ranges as well as an even more uber S-Rank.

[P2] Observer desyncs —> [P3]
We have spent some time looking into this issue. Currently, the investigation is on-hold while we gather more data.

[P2] API to replace the web calls that StarLog.gg relied on —> [P4]
Hoping we can squeeze this one into 2019.

[P3] Minimap separator line in certain configs on certain maps —> [P4]

[P3] /stats to show league rank of play (investigation) —> [P4]

GLHF,
Matt

4 Likes

Sounds great, guys.

Any word on the 2v2 matchmaking?

3 Likes

:sunglasses:

I dont understand the obsession with racepicking, why are you trying so hard to induce a so problematic and harmful feature, a second MM only for racepicking it will be a huge problem outside Korea, there isnt the player base that can support it.

4 Likes

I think this is a good signal,they’re focus on team matchmaking now. can you guys bring it to us before the classic WoW released?

1 Like

Could we get a trigger or option that forces all users to the same graphics for example classic only graphics or remastered only graphics games.
Playing competitive UMS games isnt fair anymore with some users having widescreen via remastered graphics which reveals more of the screen at once than its original graphics counterpart.

Matt, would it be possible to get replays working for team melee game mode?

Suggestion:
A small feature that would be great for team play is the option to randomize the team’s players in the lobby.

2 Likes

I’m curious if it will ever be possible to use the BattleNet App to stream Starcraft Remastered to Facebook the way you can with most Blizzard games. Is this something you intend to add eventually or is it beyond the scope of your priorities? Not a big deal but something that I would definitely use.

1 Like

To the developers of cut and paste, please use the SC2 models and recreate the SC1 game. I got 20$ that says you’ll ignore this brilliant idea.

Bad game and a bad idea . Sc2

3 Likes

I know this is not a priority for the devs, but it would make a huge difference for some of us that try to get into this game if we could use dragscrolling to move the camera instead of edge paning, because that’s what some of us use in different games like wc3 and dota 2. The dragscrolling speed in this game is too fast for someone to control and use it as the main way to move the camera around.

? I thought you could set it

Or am I high

It is impractically fast and it isn’t inverted axis like the other blizzard games (and doesn’t have an option to change it).

When updates are made here, could the very top of your OP have a line added that indicates so? That may make it easier to catch.

For example:

Or maybe add it to the post’s title?