Unable To Join Game

For the last 2 days, I have been getting the “Unable To Join Game” error whenever I try to join a multiplayer game. I have the same problem with West/East/Europe/etc…

If I create a multiplayer game nobody joins and I get a red notification about latency and proxy re-routing.

I’ve played thousands of games without this problem in the past, is this a new patch issue or have I suddenly developed a port configuration issue with my router?

1 Like

relaunch game, reenter account,etc.
Normally often in connection with poor connection with wifi…
This bugg was reallz big some months ago, a half year ago… Now a days it happens less often… But it haPPens…
There was a periode where most users had to relaunch the game at least 10 and be lucky to go around this … Or user an other id if you more lucky… So there you go

I tried all the above but I still can’t join a game. I’m using a direct LAN cable to the router from my PC, so it can’t be a wireless problem. I have a pretty fast fiber-optic connection. I get the ‘Unable to join game’ on all of my Starcraft names.

I noticed that games were quickly disappearing off the forum before I could click to join them before this problem started. This ‘Unable to join game’ problem is gonna end my 30 years of playing Starcraft if this issue isn’t fixed soon. Looks like Blizzard has retired me :frowning:

I had the exact same problem many times … Not sure how often you tried … But I had once to relaucnh 23 times to have it work finally… So i get your frustration, i really do … Soft counters/ solutions are either change gateway, ID… Have a friend host…reenter multiplayer part of game… And by the way when i say relaunch… I mean close the game completl and close battlenet app completly, even its minimazed version … You can do it with task manager more fast if necessary… close all the apps process…

I’m actually having the same problem, I can’t join any game, recieve the message unable to join. When I create a game I get this message: Due to your network configuration, your connection to other players must be routed via a proxy server, which may add latencyand when I try ranked I get stuck either in Loading menu or in the countdown at 0.
I tried several steps from firewall configs to add and remove ports 6112, cable to router, uninstall install, etc
edit: installed the game on another older laptop and it works so the problem is not on the router

I am also having this same issue and have tried many of these same steps with no success. I had also tried flushing my DNS in CMD but still have not had any success. I have also used an old laptop plugged in directly into the same router using the same cable and it will work on there. (Game wont run well because it’s a old computer).

1 Like

Hi! Try out the steps in these 2 posts:

Disregard the part with SCMDraft 2.

1 Like

I have tried all the steps, learned a few more things, thanks.
Unfortunately it didn’t solved my issues, problem persists.

I found the problem:

I didn’t got any error message but this was it, even the same App. After using the diagnose tools for connections I realized that the traceroute was broken so something was interfering with the firewall or ports, after looking at older post, that didn’t show in google, I tried the solution and it worked. Had installed the mentioned app a week before installing SC:R
Also blizzard has some interesting tools to help diagnose the problem:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Nice that you solved it!

A, yeah, I got the same problem with the port, I used TCPView from Sysinternals to check out what app was using 6112:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/tcpview

Also thanks for placing those link altogether.