Zerg needs to be timegated (like warpgate does w/P)

Well, it would give zerg macro decisions to make and clearing creep would actually do something instead of 5 queens running in and replacing all the tumors before creep even recedes.

Would also solve problem with zerg being able to defend all harrassment with 5 queens. They still could. But every transfuse would cost.

How can you even discuss with this troll

1 Like

It’s a good change, I’ll admit. It fixes the problem of mass queens but what about ramping up? I don’t think it slows it down enough.
You want to limit the number of queens mid game to reduce creep spread which is also totally ramped up to stupidity, as you’ve alluded to. And create more openings to attack zerg mid game. Queens have become an all purpose defensive unit which is not what they’re supposed to be. Zerg can hold most attacks with queens while producing a burst of units, even if all they’ve been doing is droning prior.

Propose an unorthodox idea and get called a troll. Where’s the room for discussion then? Should I have just said queens should take 3 more seconds to produce? I better not step over the conventional line very far…

[quote=“Platys51-2708, post:41, topic:3976”]
Would also solve problem with zerg being able to defend all harrassment with 5 queens. They still could. But every transfuse would cost.
[/quote] Isn’t it funny transfuse has been nerfed only in LOTV? and inject larva too? Why did the queen suddenly get nerfed in LOTV? It’s a tacit admission on Blizz’s part that 1. the queen is OP, and 2. zerg’s production is helped too much compared to other races with LOTV’s new 12 worker start.

I agree there’s a problem now with creep spread. But limiting one queen per hatch would just make it broken in the other direction. Creep spread would be almost impossible. You don’t want that. All you want is to make creep spread not automatic (which it almost is now in the hands of competent Zergs) and creep clearing more beneficial. 3 supply queens would achieve this i believe.

Zerg cannot keep up with a 2 base protoss in workers without 3 hatcheries. This mythical advantage hasn’t existed since HotS.

Macro hatch would allow you to put 2 queens on creep duty while still having a bit more larva production than 3 bases with queens.

Its all about resource management. Terran too could theoretically watch you whole day with scans. But they dont because they need mule. Only with macro OCs is mass scanning viable. It is reward for investment.

Creep as is now is just free scouting and speed buff for zerg on their side of the map. No real investment or hard decisions.

What’s your point? Zerg opens w/3 hatches then gets a fast 4th then 5th very quickly unless there’s a timing attack or some devastating worker harass.

1 Like

I think he means that they need cheap hatchery. It is valid point.

You forget that 3-supply queens means either less queens or less drones or less army. When players go up to 8 queens on 3 hatcheries changing the supply to 3 (which is how eu Zergs play now) means 8 less supply which is 8 less drones or less army could be a very big deal in engagements with small armies (which is what we are talking about i.e. harrass).j

In practice, changing suply of early/mid game units wont do much. Zerg would just need 100 more minerals to make 8 queens.

Zerg doesn’t have an economic advantage in Legacy of the Void. It doesn’t exist. If you are being outmacroed then you are messing up. That’s not a problem with game design.

I guess we disagree on this point. Lets wait for a Zerg main to chime in. Hope they won’t just call everything we suggested here “preposterously game breaking” accompanied with petty insults. Sadly that’s what my experience suggests will happen.

2 Likes

lol better tell that to Stats so he’d go work on his macro straight away.

[quote=“Platys51-2708, post:52, topic:3976, full:true”]
In practice, changing suply of early/mid game units wont do much. Zerg would just need 100 more minerals to make 8 queens.
[/quote] This. It would definitely help fix late game queen abuse to increase their supply but would do little to stop zerg’s insane ramping of production earlier.

1. Yes they would get 12 workers sooner, but they wouldn’t get there with 3 larva. So the loss is not as big as you think.
  2. They buffed base larva with LotV so overall larva rate with inject is similar. Also Zerg gets more larva than they used to before the first Queen, so again they end up ahead.
  3. You know what’s way more important than the difference of 1 or 2 drones? Protoss having tech units and warp gate sooner.

So yeah, 12 worker start, along with the accompanying changes, was very good for Zerg.

2 Likes

You live in la-la land.

Pretty sure that would just make him like the idea more.

It would mean you instead get your third hatch before the reaper comes across, and a lot of Zergs get an early creep tumor instead of their first inject as is, so I don’t think the net larva loss would be that bad for macro Zerg, just 2 hatch all-in.

It would also serve the purpose of making ZvZ less cheesy, since early lings will fade largely out of popularity.

And come on, don’t tell me zerg doesn’t need a nerf, I have almost never encountered someone who plays all three races and has best MMR as a race other than Zerg. My highest MMR is Zerg, by about 300 MMR, and it’s the last race I learned to play by over a year.

1 Like

For someone who tries so hard to tell us he understands statistics and we don’t, you really fail with basic math a lot.

1 Like