Zerg NEED a rally point for Queens

Title says it all.

I don’t understand why it still isn’t implemented into the game.

3 Likes

I was about to make the same suggestion.

It is pretty much the only (real) unit that cannot be rallied at all (I wonder about the mothership but there should only be one so…).
It’s way more time consuming to produce/replace a bunch of queen in the late game than any other unit: each of them pop out in a different location and 50% of the time the new queen stands in the middle of drones so you have to pay some attention when selecting it (minor cost but repeated). And let’s not mention mistaking an old queen with a new one T_T.

Killing a few queen is a ridiculously good deal just because of the effort it takes to cycle through all bases to get the new ones in their control groups. I fear the day when Terran and Protoss realize that killing Queens makes a way bigger mess than killing a few drones.
I’m pretty sure it’s similar to destroying add-ons for a Terran but add-ons have thrice the HP, low priority and does not need to be added to a control group to do their job.

And that’s actually part of the problem with BC harass : mass producing queens is time consuming and BC will kill a bunch each time they visit, even with a perfect defence (1 per Yamato at least). Having a rally point would help a lot without having to modify the balance at all.

It’s the only unit I can think of which is not covered by neither F1 or F2 and it’s totally good : Queens shouldn’t fall under neither of the two. The problem is that they end up falling in nothing without a special F3 nor a special rally point.

2 Likes

Very well said sir. I concur.

1 Like

I got the feeling that we are kinda alone here aren’t we ?
It’s kind of a nice change compared to the usual flood of salty gold Terran but it won’t do much for our problem -_-.

I say remove queens from the game, then we wouldn’t have to worry about accommodating this unit with the basic things that it needs.

Queens are not suppossed to be a main part of a zerg army - that’s why.
If you are fast enough, you will hear the sound of a new queen being ready and then you just double-inject every hatch and
stay a little longer at every hatch to add all ‘queens - 1’ (double click on any queen, then shift + click on any queen in your selection OR box the area, ctrl+ left-click on any queen in the selection, then also deselect one queen and add the extra queens to your “creep queen control group” or “BC defense control group”.
–> camera location hotkeys help a lot here but you can also click on the minimap or hit the ‘base camera’ hotkey (though the last one is pretty inefficient).

oh i see prioritize zerg units
-Queens
-Drones
-Buildings(hatchery,Infestation PIT and spawning pool)

There is a way, I made a post about it on TL a long time ago. Basically, the little notifications on the right will pop up a picture of a queen when they are done building. If you Ctrl + click that portrait you’ll select all of the queens so you can add them to a hotkey.

I can’t post links but google “445205-how-to-rally-queens”

1 Like