Zerg Is Just So Bad Aganist Air Fleets

I feel zerg have too many units attack ground zerg must have a new anti-air unitnot corruptor or mutalisk ,but something really good at doing it’s role. Besides zerg will be so weak to full scale air attacks zerg’s massive air unit just attack’s the ground unlike the 2 races they will just rush capital ships leaving zerg without having zerg a massive flyer that can attack both states.Anyway back to the anti-air it should have a cool model and a great name and a great damage output

3 Likes

Queens, even though they don’t really do enough damage, can stall you till the later game where then you get corruptors and can defend air units. Yes zerg doesnt have a massive flyer that can attack air, but that massive flyer destroys almost any ground unit. Queens are the way.

Need scourge, maybe.

1 Like

Try to build drones and queens vs. stargate-opening. Then you can max out on hydras and a-move.
The problem about stargate units is that they cost a lot so if you panick and stop building drones because the other guy has a stargate or 2, then that’s the main reason why you loose.

10 Queens in total and up to 80 drone (don’t be more than 1 base ahead of the protoss).
Constantly scout with an overseer or changeling or both to see the number of bases.

Banelings with speed are great to destroy probes (especially with +2 melee attack) and hydras are great if you have an army advantage unless the protoss gets something like 5 collossi or storm.
If you attack again and again, you will win.
Also think about getting a hive asap and putting down a lurker den and a spire once you start it (the hive).
Corruptors with armor upgrades are great vs. carriers and tempests.
Vs. mass voidrays, you should build hydras or mutas or vipers or infestors (depends on how good your micro is).
You can also get mass spore crawlers and once you are at 200 supply but denying / destroying bases is the most important thing at 200 supply.
(if you can’t kill the army at that moment and need to trade units to get a better army composition)

edit: lurker den and spire once you start hive (not ‘spore’) sorry

2 Likes

hydra corruptor viper

but if you are on another level
microbial shroud

1 Like

Thanks for the guide guys

2 Likes

Try to use terrans with BC opening, ure quickly figure out how to play against for sure :smiley:

1 Like

Thats wrong. You cant do mass hydra a move. maybe in gold. For zerg between platin and master this world is just messed up. I tried hardcore the new spell with 7 bases vs 3 (later4) base protoss and attacked with queen, hydra (3-3) and the infestor with fungle and spell, but its never enough. the burstdamage of toss is just insane. Toss does chilling. Only sitting back all game long, i cant scount cause he has mass air so i cant see if he will attack soon or sits back or not (so i cant eco 100%) and its just no fun at all.

Its again 2018 and only player like serral can move spores, defend vs super easy to make zealot runbys (10 zealot cant be stoped my 5-6 spores jsut like that) and then also make viper, control infestor, heal with queens, check that hydra dont run into storm. Than make the larvainjects cause hydra die faster than you can make new ones and dont forget to move the drones to new bases that are all the time under thread by zealot runbys. If you let units there to defend - hahaha. Yeah the deathball is happy that the main army is so small that it vaporizes.

Love it how they crybabys won pointing on serral. Bring back some antiair omg. Infested terrans and weaker, but like this. unplayable for mid level players. Corrupter maybe nice vs smaller numbers. But if there is a deathball to much volley of their high damage shots get lost while toss distributes their Damage super even thanks to void beams and a lot of little interceptors.

What has toss to do? A move their deathball and spam storms while make a runby all 3-4 minutes

1 Like

You sound like someone in plat or diamond with no idea how to micro late-game.

Lurkers now have 10 (!) range so toss can’t just a-move over you if you manage to sneak in a parasitic bomb here and there to kill observers / do some free damage.
Also with mass spores, toss can’t just a-move over your spore / lurkers with corruptor / viper nearby.
Also armor upgrades for corruptors are super important.

If you need help with micro (especially vipers), just ask.
Complaining doesn’t help you or anyone else.

1 Like

use neural parasite now the planes are infested

step 2. use the sad laser planes to hit each other

i feel you,
full Hydra vs protoss air not that great. requires upgrades and 300supply against 200.

ofc, zerg needs to force fights before air-toss gets to massive
i like swarmhost, to force enemie to attack into my spore forrest.
+2base corruptor armor helps alot

i must say!
corruptors tanking with hydra behind it, pretty match destroy carriers-interceptor.
if your swarmhost clear all ground like storm-zealot

its corruptor good against carrier, but bad against interceptor, but good to tank interceptor,
and hydra, good to kill interceptor (like spores) but hard to kill carrier, without abduct
So when combine them, its a pretty good A-click, without caster-micro

1 Like

that sounds interesting
Thank you very much!

I wish so many things about zerg aa.

I wish zerglings could morph to scourge with spire tech.
I wish infested terrans still existed.
I wish parasitic bomb could still target interceptors.
I wish the mutalisk could morph to the devourer.
I wish hydralisks were redesigned to tier 1 and 1 supply.

Sadly none of this will ever happen.

Microbial shroud is that teddy bear your estranged uncle gave you for your 20th birthday. You’re too uncomfortable to say no to it and it’s useless.

1 Like

nah it has a use twenty characters