Zerg Balance Idea (to deal with queen nerf)

Autocast inject larva.

It’s a great idea and not even a little imbalanced, since Zerg is the only race that can cap their production per structure, and we only build out of hatcheries anyway. Scans are available anytime once you have OC, and so are mules. You can spam that 200 energy all you want. The same is true for chrono, although I would balance that too by changing it so that it spends a chrono amount relative to the duration of the upgrade, so you don’t have to que chronos on one upgrade or unit.

Since inject would be autocast, you would HAVE to turn it off to have energy for transfuse, so if you’re a scrub and never do that, you basically lose access to one ability.
The other positive is it would help new zergs learn how important it is to have queens and inject.
The only downside to these ideas is that the #TLM is going to say Zerg is already easiest race and then threaten to burn down Joey Ray’s Bar if they don’t have inject removed from the game (no srsly this is what they want).

Thank me later

Auto cast is generally a bad idea in SC, so it won’t make the game better in any way. There are a lot more fundamental things that could be done and one of the main things around the early lack of AA is the hydras to be placed back to T1 with the appropriate nurf. They could possible be swapped with the Ravager, SH to be completely redesigned and so on. Of course there are things that could be done to P and T in addition. However a changes like these would drastically improve the play styles. Making something automated will take more than it could give. You may ask as next step to make drones be automatically build.

Medics automatically heal marines. Is this a bad mechanic? It certainly doesn’t require micro beyond making sure the medivacs are around the marines in a fight.

The case with the medivacs and medics in BW is different. They are supposed to heal a lot of squishy small units which are massed. It would be impossible to point each unit that would need healing as it’ll just die while you’re trying. You cannot compare these two things. Imagine if you had to transfuse every single zergling by hand?

i have already done it. If it’s generally a bad mechanic then maybe medivacs should be removed.

1 Like

Read what I’ve said. Medivacs as a units are not a great desing as they are transport and healing units. I’d prefer to have medics back but that’s another topic. You have a healing unit which healing is not applicable unless automated. The case with the queen is different.

i think if this were to happen zerg would TRULY be braindead A-move and require 0 skill(down from almost no skill right now)

zeratuss is saying terran is already braindead no skill… the autocast does all the work 4u! only terran gets braindead no skill units like that tho. #TLM: its bad by design.

1 Like

No, I’m saying something that you simply don’t want to admit.

no, actually i just disagree with you.

i’m not talking about zerg aa in early game. Having autocast for inject won’t make a difference if you’re already very skilled, and it will make the game easier for lower skilled players. Just like if medivacs were required to activate healing and drain energy for the duration, like oracle attacks, would make little difference to people who are good at micro and multitasking anyways.
You obviously lose a lot to ravager all ins
probably because you aren’t very good.

You’re assuming a lot of things and you’re assuming them wrongly.

1. You’re assuming I’m playing T and even if I do, its not my main race.
  2. You’re assuming I don’t know a race which I played for nearly 20 years.
  3. You’re assuming that I’m losing to ravagers and that’s why I want then to be pushed to tier 2, which is not the case.
  4. You’re assuming that the medivac and the queen are the same thing which is not true.
  5. You’re assuming I’m not skilled enough when it may turn out my MMR while I was playing is lot higher than your own.

I can keep on but it won’t change the fact you’re not even remotely close to understand why making auto inject is a bad thing. And this would greatly impact exactly the skilled players because they won’t need to babysit their bases to inject and this is a huge thing.

If your proposal is to put an auto/manual healing button on the medivacs like in WC3 it won’t make any sense as everyone would just set it to auto and forget about it.

I won’t continue this topic as it seems there is no point at all to answer to your “arguments” You know sometimes you have to observe the things on every direction not only from the perspective of the race you’re playing.

That’s an awful lot of opinion to disagree with my opinion. I don’t think you’re worth debating, tbh. Mostly because you want me to debate YOUR opinion about this, and you’re not addressing anything that I’ve said. I’m trying to achieve balance =D

There needs to be a trade-off for auto-casting. Yes, I do agree that Zerg loses the most when they miss injection, comparing to Terran missing Mules or Protoss missing Chronoboost (assuming they are not intentionally banking), but missing Mules and Chronoboost still delays your build even if you get the same amount of resources out of it, because getting the same amount later is still worse than earlier. Meanwhile, other than capping total number of larva or preferring to spread creep early with limited number of queens at the very beginning of the game, there are no reason to not use Inject on CD, as you can build more than 1 queen per hatchery.

Perhaps a higher amount of energy per injection when autocast is turned on is a good compromise: either you will have lower efficiency compared to hitting your injects manually on time with exactly one queen per hatchery, or you put 2 queens per hatchery and automate injection at the cost of additional supply.

1 Like

i thought something similar, but rather than the energy level increases, the queen will bank an additional ten energy before it casts, so inject costs 25 but the queen wont inject until she has 35, and then she drops to ten, and wont inject again until 45, and so on. The queen still banks energy, but it is a tradeoff.

Honestly, inject larvae and the macro mechanics in general were bad design decisions. They’re neither interesting to execute nor strategically meaningful. They were included to “compensate” for the ease of the macro cycle in SC2 compared to SC1, thanks to multi-building select. Unfortunately, they’re definitely here to stay.

2 Likes

I think Mules (competing with scans) and Chronoboosts (competing with Recall and Overcharge) are fine and do promote meaningful decision making. Injection, however, doesn’t, as past maybe the first 2 injection cycles where you don’t have enough queens to both spread creep and to inject, you don’t actually make a decision: you would always try to inject on CD.

Mule is free worker while chrono only boost and you pay 50 mineral for probe +1 minute each probe start be efficient while cast mule it worker who can replace 3 scv

inject larva not being autocast is stupid. the game mechanic literally exists for no other reason than to create busy work for zerg players.

game mechanics that exist for the sole purpose of forcing players to perform unnecessary extra actions are bad game mechanics.

all it does is create repetitive monotony in the game. every player hates it at every level of the game. it should absolutely be autocast.

Every repetitive ability that can be autocast should be autocast, including mules and chronoboost. You always have the option to turn autocast off so its not like you remove the decision making aspect by making it autocast. The decision simply becomes whether to autocast it or not autocast it. And if someone wants to autocast mules or chronoboost it helps remove the repetitive monotony of doing so.

5 Likes

You simply don’t want to understand it’s a balance related topic and it has nothing to do with repetitive action or something else. The inject could distinct a good player vs a bad player. Proper droning could do the same thing if we’re strictly talking zerg. Making workers is also repetative action lets just automate this, or remove the workers and make the mining automatic? Honestly I think these ideas are coming from players who just can’t yet handle these things and they find them frustrating.

Naw dawg, it ain’t that