Zeratul P3 is insane

I can see why people say it’s broken. Spin2win indeed. Not only the cooldown is so fast, it chases the enemies as well, so you don’t have to go into melee range. You can just spam it from a distance.

Well, might as well use it until it got nerfed.

Honestly? Welcome to Zeratul. P3 is not out of line with any of his other options, including p0. I agree though windlord Zeratul is quite entertaining.

5 Likes

Bad Hawk, no using that word. (:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

To be fair to P3 you do give up a lot of mid to end game power to get spin2win. Personally it doesn’t seem any stronger than untouchable cloaking fields or Probes stronger than Marines.

2 Likes

I might just prefer him over Tychus for hero commander at this rate.

probably most braindead commander for farming Ascension other than Karax Cradle farm.

Still not remotely close to Abathur, but that one takes way more control than Zeratul.

1 Like

now u can add karax to the list.

Yep. That’s why it’s fun playing him.

1 Like

Paddle ready for spanking.

2 Likes

P2 is for cannons and Ambushers

P3 for Dark Templar (or those orb shooter things on infested maps)

P1 for specific mutations and speedruns

I’m really happy with Zeratul’s prestiges, there is something for everyone.

1 Like

Zeratul is still in top 4 most powerful (overpowered) commanders, even after the nerfs he got, so his prestiges being insane is no different than default zeratul.

Picking Abathur, Dehaka, Tychus or Zeratul is literally signing up for some really faceroll-easy broken-overpowered gameplay.

2 Likes

Not sure how p3 is for Dark Templar, aside from speedrun detection sniping. Otherwise, p3 is very much mass ambusher for hybrid sniping because dark templar comparatively suffer a lot from not having their third artifact fragment.

I don’t see the nerf happening to P3 Zeratul. His early game is strong but that is also the case for other Zeratul Prestige without the Spin cdr. What P3 Zera offer is a 2s cd AoE from his base cleave but you can also get the same result with Disruptor. The tornado is a nice additional bonus but the majority of the time, it just tickles the enemy.

Tl;DR: You are choosing P3 Zera because of his 2s cd cleave, not because of his tornado.

1 Like

Yeah honestly Zeratul’s cleave is nice and all, but compared to his P0 and missing avatar/lategame upgrades im not really sure if i’m 100% sold as a upgrade over his p0 or just his stock already being pretty good.

It’s a very good zergling weed whacker build sure, but usually one cast of a Aoe should normally be more than enough. P3 Chainsaw Zeratul will eat through repeated zerglings waves sure, but so did the first spin most of the time + army. At best it might be fun for a occasional break and still plenty viable but im not really sure if it’s a overall upgrade from stock. Missing out on the 3rd artifact you miss out on a lot of game breaking army abilities + avatar + 3/3 upgrades, and in exchange you get a spammable cleave stronger when most first aoes do the job. I guess you could try Chainsawwing DON or Miner infestation or mass minions + just die mutators, but im not really sure if it’s a stock upgrade. More just his base p0 being strong and him still being very strong 2 artifacts in.

1 Like

it’s just a super braindead way to farm Ascension. I’m 100% ok with it.

1 Like

Eh, maybe there is a misunderstanding going: P3 = Herald of the Void spin to win.
Not having the third Artifact Fragment means Ambushers lose their triple blink burst, this is a major nerf compared to other units in this prestige. That’s why I said P3 is not the Ambusher prestige, P2 (unlimited Fragments) is. In P2 you can let them blink and burst around for days, and once your charges are exhausted you still have an Ambusher army with insane stats.

Now the Dark Templar don’t suffer at all from losing the third fragment, since all they gain from it is a rebirth on a lengthy cooldown. I recently solod all maps on Brutal with P3 Zeratul, massing nothing but Dark Templar and losing 1 or 2 worst case, which were then quickly replaced.
The enemy comp doesn’t matter, as Spin to Win Zeratul can easily deal with Air Armies himself (while the Dark Templar obliterate anything ground, like Hybrids).
There was exactly one Comp where I needed something else on top, and that was Mass Battlecruisers Yamato spam (I think it’s called Shadow Tech or Sky Terran?). But Serdath’s mindcontrol takes care of these waves so your army comp doesn’t even matter.

Nerf? I don’t see any.

I thought people agree to call him Stormlord?

Patch 4.11.3
“All Legion costs increased from 500 minerals to 800 minerals.”

Rip, hilariously fast expand.

You must be new to Zeratul, they’re all OP.