WoL vs HotS difficulty

It’s certainly your prerogative to strictly adhere to lore. I was just pointing out that, unlike Spear of Adun, Last Stand can be made easier or harder based off tech availability which comes from playing missions.

When you play it through the master archives, do you always choose only the units/tech that would be available if Shakuras was done first? I suspect you’d have to if you only stick to lore. Choosing anything else would be equivalent to playing the planets in a different order.

One thing is the first walkthrough, the other is getting achievements.

Agree on that. Falcon didn’t mention achievements so I didn’t consider that in my replies.

But if you’re LilArrin they’re the same thing.

1 Like

I’ve played through on the archives and it is much easier.

I think someone mentioned it already but I find great train robbery to be rough without tanks. I had to do save loads on hard when I tried it. It’s a breeze though with tanks.

These days I save the all horner missions till after Mobius factor (which is after the Dig). It gives Raynor a nice arc in my opinion. Raynor seems lost running all over the place doing shady errands for Tosh, chasing the artifacts all over the sector, spending hours on end seeing visions from starring into a freaky protoss crystal, all the while drinking, and guilt shaming over Kerrigan. It comes to a head in aftermath of Mobius. But following it up with rebellion missions makes for a nice arc of Jim picking himself up, and get his revolution back on track.

LilArrin needed to buy a new PC because he is still playing In Utter Darkness on the first one.

I found both LotV and HotS can be difficult playing on brutal in the earlier missions but the difficulty drops significantly later on with all the macro upgrades and special abilities you get. Ultra mega Kerrigan trivializes enemy armies as does the downpour of orbital bombardment from SoA after more unlocks. But yea LotV SoA mission is annoying on brutal. Last Stand on Shakuras was a fun challenge. I got immortals on Korhal first and upgraded to Nerazim version to to quickly dps air hybrids IIRC.

Sure isn’t.

Not to brush in broad strokes, but picking Shakuras last is the exact same as betraying your own people. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Let’s brush in broad strokes. Redhead is back. Time for small actions is over.

One good thing about its return :

Those who missed its antics in the older forum can now watch it in all its stupidity.

4 Likes

RIP Bart. 2020202020

1 Like

That’s actually something we can agree on. There is no way Glacius should ever take precedent over either Sharkuras or Korhal.

Don’t you have a phone? Just message him/her! We need all of our Brethren!

Bart is done with y’all and I don’t blame him. :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t force him. Neither I want to.

It was very hard for me as well, but only because of the warp prisms and the nydus worms. Then I realized that they only come after I complete an objective point. Since then I always let all objectives on about 10 life and destroy all at the same time, so the mission ends and you don’t have to bother with those things.

1 Like

Damn, they could make those triggers a bit more organic.

What happened, if I can ask?

Oh that’s right, I forgot you could go Glacius before Shakuras if you go Korhal first.

I revise my post then. Picking Glacius before Shakuras is definitely a no-go.